cpu upgrade

My pc is built for iracing mostyl , but I have recently got back into ACC , was running on 1440p 34 inch ultra wide before but now have upgraded to triples
my system specs are

gpu 1660ti
intel i5 9400
16gb ram 3000mhz

I know I wont be able to run on epic setting with my gpu but with everything on high I can get a solid steady 80fps , but as soon as I add AI it drops , was wondering if a cpu upgrade wil help at all , currently my cpu is 2.9ghz with a boost clock of 4ghz with only 6core and 6 threads , I know nothing about computers so any help would be appreciated thanks

I've written this on another topic, maybe it helps for you

Install Msi Afterburner and adjust the parameters to show CPU, GPU usage and system and GPU memory.

If your;
CPU reachs 100%, your CPU is limiting. Upgrade CPU or decrease opponent number
GPU reachs 100% no more FPS possible. Reduce graphics settings
System RAM or GPU memory reaches limit, again performance gets limited.

Your CPU has 6 cores which should be fine for ACC and AI races. The recommended cpu setup (as per steam) is "Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X "

IF you would want to upgrade, make sure you buy a CPU with 8 cores.
Especially if you want to run any other programs in parallel to ACC like discord, crew chief, simhub,...
AI is very heavy on the CPU in ACC. Not sure overclocking will help.

got it working great , turned out had to many apps running which was overloading my cpu , shut some of them down and now even with my setup and a little gpu clocking I am running solid 80fps with most settings on high and 25 car field. thanks for all the help

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 244 13.5%