CPU temps and Graphics

I posted a cpu temp thread over on the official forum and got some good replies. I thought I would post here because you can never get enough information. So since version 1 was released, you know how excited I was but......... That excitement is now tinged with a little concern about my cpu temp in game. When the game is running and I have 22 or more AI then my cpu is running close to 90° raceroom runs at 52 max. I've got the fan turned up to 100%. I have I7 6700k, acer predator 34p and 1080ti. I've turned the graphics down to high apart from temporal which is on epic. A lot of people say I need better cooling while others say it's ok to run that high. I don't want to spend money when it's only 1 sim as all the others run lower. I just need reassuring lol.

So forgot to mention, when the guy had finished fitting my cooler the other night, he was up for having a go on acc and my wheel but he's not a sim racer as such but feck me! He destroyed my safety rating! I'm thinking to myself WTF! You might be doing me a favour fitting the cooler but come on, you're taking the piss now, do you realise how hard I worked to get that over 70 and in 10 minutes, you killed my SA! There is a limit to what a man can take ffs.

If I undestand your situation, Jim .... now you need another cooler but ........... for yourself ! :D

Mine has been reset 3 times at 17 while when closing ACC on evening I had it at 40 .... the day after ... it was back to 17. :whistling: .... I let ACC sleep for a while in its .... cool place. :roflmao:
Back on track again yesterday ... I hope not to discover the same surprise today. :(

I have been quite happy with my temps, although it's winter here atm but my 7700k is high 40's to mid 50's @4.6GHz and my 1080Ti is mid 50's but during last summer both were mid 60's.
I use a Noctua NHu14 with single fan and have my 1080Ti undervolted to 1911@0.900mV.
Fans are set to minimal until 85c so never spin up past 50%.
If you are going to play ACC alot if say the $100 for a decent CPU cooler is not much especially considering the other PC component cost in the PC.
I have ACC at 4k maxed settings (shadows high) but resolution scale at 85% to get a solid 60fps and running full grids.
Im sure you said you have a 6700k, it doesn't come with a cooler (some here say your using stock cooler) what cooler are you using?

Last edited:
Really enjoying ACC 1.0.1 and even though I only have an i7 3770k and a RTX 2070 I am still very happy with how ACC runs even at low'ish FPS...below screen shots with MSI Afterburner at Zolder / Medium Rain / 11 cars...still runs smooth with 44 - 53 FPS, more than happy with that:)
2 ACC BENTLEY at ZOLDER MSI Afterburner copy.jpg
1 ACC BENTLEY at ZOLDER MSI Afterburner copy.jpg

I have been quite happy with my temps, although it's winter here atm but my 7700k is high 40's to mid 50's @4.6GHz and my 1080Ti is mid 50's but during last summer both were mid 60's.
I use a Noctua NHu14 with single fan and have my 1080Ti undervolted to 1911@0.900mV.
Fans are set to minimal until 85c so never spin up past 50%.
If you are going to play ACC alot if say the $100 for a decent CPU cooler is not much especially considering the other PC component cost in the PC.
I have ACC at 4k maxed settings (shadows high) but resolution scale at 85% to get a solid 60fps and running full grids.
Im sure you said you have a 6700k, it doesn't come with a cooler (some here say your using stock cooler) what cooler are you using?
Summary:
His 6700k came with a boxed cooler. It was the Intel E97378.
Now he has bought the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO.

His temperatures while playing ACC came down from mid 80°'s to around 60°C.
Delta temp is about 25°C between the two coolers.

50°C with your 7700k, wow! Guess your case is very well at evaporating hot air then. The Noctua is powerful but not that powerful in most cases.
What case and which case-fans do you use? :)

Summary:
His 6700k came with a boxed cooler. It was the Intel E97378.
Now he has bought the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO.

His temperatures while playing ACC came down from mid 80°'s to around 60°C.
Delta temp is about 25°C between the two coolers.

50°C with your 7700k, wow! Guess your case is very well at evaporating hot air then. The Noctua is powerful but not that powerful in most cases.
What case and which case-fans do you use? :)
6700k doesn't come with a cooler! Why would anyone buy a $500 cpu and then buy a cheap crappy intel cooler? :O_o: and to think this same build has a 1080Ti in it :roflmao:

I have a Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with intake NF-A20 front, NF-A20 top exhaust and NF-P12 rear exhaust.
During last summer here in Australia it maxed out mid 60c but last night was actually mid 40c load :confused: and 23c idle.
I'll make a quick video tonight if you want to see temps. I'll just have to reinstall nVidia experience again though :rolleyes:

6700k doesn't come with a cooler! Why would anyone buy a $500 cpu and then buy a cheap crappy intel cooler? :O_o: and to think this same build has a 1080Ti in it :roflmao:

I have a Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with intake NF-A20 front, NF-A20 top exhaust and NF-P12 rear exhaust.
During last summer here in Australia it maxed out mid 60c but last night was actually mid 40c load :confused: and 23c idle.
I'll make a quick video tonight if you want to see temps. I'll just have to reinstall nVidia experience again though :rolleyes:
Guess he got the non-k then. Doesn't matter though as he does not plan to ever overclock it at all. Money saved in that case :p

I believe your temps. I'd rather see a video of the internals of your case. Nice noctua build! :D

I have a be quiet silent wing 3 140mm in the front, a silent wing 3 120mm in the rear and a thermalright Le grand Macho rt on the cpu.
Flow being front bottom to rear top.

Sadly my case is really really bad. Bought when not having any clue so my 4.4 GHz I7 2600k reaches 75°c when rendering with all fans at maximum.
It's still very quiet when doing so though, so I'm happy.

Got a friend who bought an I7 2600k too, running at 4.6 GHz in a cooler master mesh case but 2x 140mm silent wing 3 and the normal Macho rev B.
Staying around 60°c when rendering.

You're clearly doing something the rest of us haven't managed! They would be really great temps for a custom loop - almost unbelievable for an air cooler. My Corsair 110i GT keeps my 6700k at around 65 under load and I'm really happy with that. I don't think I've ever seen a comparative review of air coolers/AIOs that have even come remotely close to your temps under load.

Off topic, but why not use a sli high bandwidth bridge in this setup?
The better question is why that 7700k in there is running stock clocks with that noctua...
Well, because most state organizations buy overpriced stuff that kinda works but never really get optimized stuff.

But you're totally right.. So much potential wasted :(

Why would anybody choose to be so rude and smug about a fellow sim racer who has done nothing negative in this thread? :rolleyes:
Was that rude / smug ? I guess i dont know how to say what i consider to be the truth in text form without being rude ! A 1080Ti was $1100 and 6700k was $530 so imo to skimp on a $100 part seems ridiculous :thumbsdown:

Was that rude / smug ? I guess i dont know how to say what i consider to be the truth in text form without being rude ! A 1080Ti was $1100 and 6700k was $530 so imo to skimp on a $100 part seems ridiculous :thumbsdown:
There are ways of voicing an opinion with grace. There is never a need to sneer at the best efforts of another human being.... IMHO OC. :)

Was that rude / smug ? I guess i dont know how to say what i consider to be the truth in text form without being rude !
Honestly, yes, it did come across as rude/smug. Maybe have another read of what you wrote later, and give some thought to why people might misinterpret it. I winced when I read it. But I'm glad to hear you didn't mean it to come across that way.

If this is in relation to my build , i run at 4.6GHz to keep volts low and temps also low ! I can run at 5.1GHz but temps push into the high 80's and at 4k i see no performance gains what so ever !
Rasmus was actually talking about the rig at his uni :thumbsup:

Honestly, yes, it did come across as rude/smug. Maybe have another read of what you wrote later, and give some thought to why people might misinterpret it. I winced when I read it. But I'm glad to hear you didn't mean it to come across that way.

Rasmus was actually talking about the rig at his uni :thumbsup:
Okay , yeah im not the best at expressing myself in text and do apologize if it seemed rude :redface: I truly was just unsure as to why people said it was a 6700k and stock cooler , it seemed like a pretty silly thing to do , now knowing it was a 6700 non k and a pre built it makes more sense :thumbsup:

The build Rasmus has ,has a 2600k in it not a 7700k :unsure: hence my thinking he was talking about mine :redface:

Here is a crappy video i just recorded after reinstalling GeForce Experience , not sure why there was no sound recorded but the temps are there .
Remember its a 7700k so there are always spikes but if you look at the average its 50's area . Couldnt be bothered redoing this with more info but the info is there to be seen (well when YouTube does its thing and makes it 4k like its recorded in) .
Dont watch it yet because its blurry as crap , lol who knows how long it will take to clear up :sleep:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%