CPU temps and Graphics

I posted a cpu temp thread over on the official forum and got some good replies. I thought I would post here because you can never get enough information. So since version 1 was released, you know how excited I was but......... That excitement is now tinged with a little concern about my cpu temp in game. When the game is running and I have 22 or more AI then my cpu is running close to 90° raceroom runs at 52 max. I've got the fan turned up to 100%. I have I7 6700k, acer predator 34p and 1080ti. I've turned the graphics down to high apart from temporal which is on epic. A lot of people say I need better cooling while others say it's ok to run that high. I don't want to spend money when it's only 1 sim as all the others run lower. I just need reassuring lol.

Yes side panels are working they are just plugged into some other power plugs type thingys. I might get him to take the panel fans off because they just blow in and don't seem to do anything.
Good to hear.
Well since your front fan seems to be well blocked by harddrives etc, I'd think the side fans actually do something!

But I guess you'd need to test it...
Put the side panel back on but unplug the fan cables if you can be bothered :p

Good to hear.
Well since your front fan seems to be well blocked by harddrives etc, I'd think the side fans actually do something!

But I guess you'd need to test it...
Put the side panel back on but unplug the fan cables if you can be bothered :p
What the fans on the side panels? They're already unplugged but I just want to play acc, please let me!! lol

Is this fan big enough?

IMG_20190604_203318.jpg

I've turned the graphics down to high apart from temporal which is on epic.
Jim - I just noticed this in your very first post. My personal experience with temporal anti-aliasing is that it sucks - creates weird artefacts. (Some people also get blurriness.) So I just turned it off in favour of whatever the other one is (FXAA?) which still sucks but less badly, if I remember correctly. Does it look OK on your screen? I have no idea if FXAA is more demanding on the GPU tho.

Jim - I just noticed this in your very first post. My personal experience with temporal anti-aliasing is that it sucks - creates weird artefacts. (Some people also get blurriness.) So I just turned it off in favour of whatever the other one is (FXAA?) which still sucks but less badly, if I remember correctly. Does it look OK on your screen? I have no idea if FXAA is more demanding on the GPU tho.
FXAA has a lot stronger flickering/pixel crawling when moving. It's less demanding though.

The differences are the following:
FXAA takes a done image, detects contrast borders and blurs them. Once you move the pixel crawling is bad.
TAA also just blurs contrast borders but it also detects the trajectories of these borders and blurs the movement.

There are several issues though with TAA. For example in Watch Dogs 2 you had massive aliasing while stationary and a perfect image while moving. F1 2016 had similar issues where the standing still image was okay but once movement happened the whole image got blurry as heck.
ACC does a good job regarding stationary vs movement but it got bad ghosting problems instead due to the contrast border somehow being shown at the positions of old frames (or future frames?!).

If you wanna see beautiful AA look at the Frostbite engine. Battlefield 1 and 5 are absolutely perfect. TAA there has a very small performance hit (less than ACC) and looks fab!

If you wanna have a proper look:
https://www.computerbase.de/2016-10.../#abschnitt_taa_ist_die_beste_kantenglaettung

German site with a download of the full quality video. Youtube compression is too heavy for AA differences..
You need to scroll down and click the "download.....video" below the embedded video :)

Look at the trees!

Yeah, I prefer the softer temporal look if I'm honest Neil but I did try FXAA.

Around 60°c, that's very nice! :)

Reading your posts about the cm evo being "big" :
This is a rendering workstation pc at my uni.
With the noctua nh-d 15. Massive beast that thing!
Only got a few of them in dedicated rooms. All standard PCs for coding and CAD are some little Intel xeon with the onboard gpu..

A bit funny, the white table and the blown whites make it look like a stock image :roflmao:
Done in that room with a phone though :p
20190606_112021.jpg

Around 60°c, that's very nice! :)

Reading your posts about the cm evo being "big" :
This is a rendering workstation pc at my uni.
With the noctua nh-d 15. Massive beast that thing!
Only got a few of them in dedicated rooms. All standard PCs for coding and CAD are some little Intel xeon with the onboard gpu..

A bit funny, the white table and the blown whites make it look like a stock image :roflmao:
Done in that room with a phone though :p
View attachment 309221
That looks like a beast!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back