Littlefysh

Professional Nutcase
Hi Everyone,

I'm on a temporary laptop as a 'rig' for a while, with an inability to invest in a tower.

I liked AMS1 and am excited with AMS2, combining PC2s potential and Reizas passion was something I look forward too.

I have an Intel Core i5-7300HQ @ 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 1050.

I meet the minimum requirements on Steam, but the gap is narrow at best. I just fall short on clock speed for my CPU by 0.6GHz, but match turbo speed of the stated minimum CPU exactly. Does this small shortcoming mean I shouldn't bother? Are those minimum specs realistic to be able to run this?

For comparison with other games, RF2 runs fine apart from a momentary freeze every minute or so, which unfortunately means I'm not willing to invest the time in a race just for it to be ruined by a freeze like that. R3E runs really well on reasonably high settings, I really enjoy it. ACC is good on everything but CPU, which has the same behaviour as RF2 but with more frequent freezes.

I'll buy it one day definitely, but I'd love to enjoy AMS2 a bit now and invest in it, and fully appreciate it in the future when I have a proper rig.

Any help is appreciated.

Comparisons with other games are very rarely indicative of anything. Different game, difference engine, different optimisation, different performance. Don't use it as a benchmark of what should or shouldn't work on your system as it'll only lead to disappointment.

The easiest way to find out if AMS 2 works with your specs is just to try it out. It's on Steam which means you get two hours of play time to test it out, and if it doesn't meet your expectations you can refund it. When testing don't mess about trying to get all your peripherals and the FFB set up to perfection, you'll just run out of time before you've got a good idea of performance. Just jump in an run a bunch of cars on various tracks at various time of day, on keyboard if necessary.

Hopefully it'll run ok. This sim seems to do pretty well on performance, even at on my mid-range rig at high settings in VR.

Comparisons with other games are very rarely indicative of anything. Different game, difference engine, different optimisation, different performance. Don't use it as a benchmark of what should or shouldn't work on your system as it'll only lead to disappointment.

The easiest way to find out if AMS 2 works with your specs is just to try it out. It's on Steam which means you get two hours of play time to test it out, and if it doesn't meet your expectations you can refund it. When testing don't mess about trying to get all your peripherals and the FFB set up to perfection, you'll just run out of time before you've got a good idea of performance. Just jump in an run a bunch of cars on various tracks at various time of day, on keyboard if necessary.

Of course, I keep forgetting about the 2 hour thing. Thanks for this.

And yes, I realise engines aren't a direct comparison, but I was listing that as the best comparison I could provide because in context, any comparison is better than none.

Apologies to RD for taking a thread to realise this.

But again, the 2 hour things helps with that. Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back