CPU Occupancy 95%

I use the Steam overlay though.
It worked for me then but, since recent builds, I no longer see the message so I assume something has changed with the CPU core load spread. It's hard to say exactly as I have made other changes to my PC configuration as well - both hardware and Bios settings.

As long as AC is playable - the message is mostly just an annoyance but, there are ways to monitor the resources being used if you want to narrow down the issue. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on the subject can speak to that.

[...] there are ways to monitor the resources being used if you want to narrow down the issue. [...]
AC uses three primary CPU threads: AI, Physics, and some other I can't remember, so naturally a 3 Core AMD or an Intel/AMD quadcore will do a fine job. AC scales with clockspeed well: 15fps gain for +0,7ghz from a 1055T. In modern CPUs, the output and display of the CPU load from the Windows taskmanager is not an accurate representation of the actual load the game puts on the system. You see 100% load almost exclusively from benchmarks like Prime95.
Again, AC is GPU limited, a program like MSI Afterburner let's you see Temp, GPU usage, Core and Memory clock and Memory usage. Others like (the small) Coretemp let's you see individual core speeds and temperature - its output of core voltage is not accurate, though. For that you have to use HWmonitor, which is a much more accurate and comprehensive tool with display of min/max values of core voltage, +3,3V, +/- 5V, for the GPU important +12V conduit, (CPU & South-Northbridge) temp, fan speeds and GPU voltage.

Remember that you may void your warranty and damage your components, if you decide to overclock your system parts.
Edit: all of the programs mentioned are completely free.

Last edited:
AC uses three primary CPU threads: AI, Physics, and some other I can't remember, so naturally a 3 Core AMD or an Intel/AMD quadcore will do a fine job. AC scales with clockspeed well: 15fps gain for +0,7ghz from a 1055T. In modern CPUs, the output and display of the CPU load from the Windows taskmanager is not an accurate representation of the actual load the game puts on the system. You see 100% load almost exclusively from benchmarks like Prime95.
Again, AC is GPU limited, a program like MSI Afterburner let's you see Temp, GPU usage, Core and Memory clock and Memory usage. Others like (the small) Coretemp let's you see individual core speeds and temperature - its output of core voltage is not accurate, though. For that you have to use HWmonitor, which is a much more accurate and comprehensive tool with display of min/max values of core voltage, +3,3V, +/- 5V, for the GPU important +12V conduit, (CPU & South-Northbridge) temp, fan speeds and GPU voltage.

Remember that you may void your warranty and damage your components, if you decide to overclock your system parts.
Edit: all of the programs mentioned are completely free.
I mostly rely on MSI Afterburner. It now allows you to track cpu usage across all available threads. Also you can use thread usage in the OSD now. So I can watch in real time system usage.

This has allowed me to become puzzled as to why my system has some weird slow downs. Not deal breaking but an issue with rendering smoke sometime.

To answer an earlier question. Your system specs are very low. Especially in the CPU department. Although your CPU meets minimum requirement to launch the game your GPU does not. In addition to that your below the recommended specs.

Here is what is listed on the official site.

Minimum PC requirements:
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Recommended PC requirements:
Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon HD 7870, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

A solution is to include less ai cars in your offline races. For multiplayer this message is not applicable. Either you are fine, or your cpu is not stronk enough.

Wow a Kunos fanboy!
Wrong! My CPU is great, this is a bug.:)
The solution is fix this.

"Warning"? Come on Kunos, the processors can work at 95%, that's not a problem.:O_o:

Wow a Kunos fanboy!
Wrong! My CPU is great, this is a bug.:)
The solution is fix this.

"Warning"? Come on Kunos, the processors can work at 95%, that's not a problem.:O_o:
No, I'm not a Kunos fanboy.
You shouldn't judge people based on a couple of sentences they write on the internet.

The issue lies on your end, because AC is GPU limited, not CPU wise. The 95% warning occures only with many AI cars on grid and/or on racestarts in general.

The game runs perfectly with the processor over 95%, then the wrong is the warning.
Kunos should just disable the warning.:whistling:
No, that is not the case.
Please read my post, here #25.
The warning is there for a reason, namely just as it says that you might consider tuning your settings in the AC menu to decrease CPU load or that your system has a bottleneck. It might be the CPU, it might the Mainboard, the RAM, etc. You have to figure that out for yourself, because chances are your pc is unique with its unique problems - hardware and/or software wise.

Further, you don't want an application (or game) to run on 95, 96 or close to the maximum capacity of your system, because this will increase temperatures and reduces lifetime of your components, it reduces room for needed spikes in performance and increases chance of stutter.

Additionally, Kunos did in fact improve the general performance of AC in recent months, especially with AI cars. So it is not true that the developers were sitting on their hands and enjoyed Italian wine with their pasta.

Edit:
Rix Mox = Andres Raid, Uruguay, language: Spanish
Andy Momo on Youtube

Last edited:
Wow...disrespect comes at any age in any size or form....talking about thinking twice of helping someone this days...

EDIT* Disliking my post cant make me dislike your attitude more than i already do :thumbsup:...stay positive :barefoot:

Last edited:
Wow...disrespect comes at any age in any size or form....talking about thinking twice of helping someone this days...

EDIT* Disliking my post cant make me dislike your attitude more than i already do :thumbsup:...stay positive :barefoot:

I asked for a solution for the bug, I did not say to go out defend the indefensible and he said that the problem is the hardware of the people.
The problem is not the hadware, the problem is AC.:)

<Mod Edit:> Disrespectful insults to other forum users have no place here at RD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years