F1 2012 CPU Agression, Errors, etc.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys!
I've been meaning to ask you. Is there a way in the database to increase agression and error probability?
I play on legend, with assists and whenever the cpu is trying overtake me with just a little bit of weaving, one or 2 moves, they just back waaay off.
And the other thing is, why does the cpu almost never makes a mistake? Like they go full agressive attacking the kerb and never spin out. And if I try to follow closely and do the same, bam! I'm backwards in a could of my own tyre smoke.
Don't get me wrong, I'm an ok driver, since I'm on mclaren for my second season, I have good pace and nice handling but sometimes I make tiny mistakes and yet with one defensive move the AI can't even pass me on the DRS zone.
So, any way to change some values? Has anybody tried this?

Curiously, I use a clean game without any mods and only your edited AI files for the moment (including ORIGINAL Hungary track file) and I beat there the AI on the absolutest difficultly with all Sim Options on for more than 20 seconds after only 18 Laps. Because everytime they miss the apex and left the line at the cornor exit. I follow a few drivers many laps. For me it is more playing with them than battle. But at Abu-Dhabi it is very nice.

I hope I can get you tomorrow a few edited track files (probably Hungary and Abu-Dhabi).
Believe me, you will feel a big difference at the whole AI pace. ;)

If whe can combine your tracks with this AI files and get some guys to test it, we have made ourselfs an AI mod :)

Okay, well I tested the AI on many tracks with 25% races. The fact is that the AI have their "better" or "more worse" tracks means Texas or Bahrain is very challenging and for example Silverstone or Singapore aren't their best tracks. I decided to rebalance the different corner speeds to get a more complete challenge especially with the new braking points. For now first Abu-Dhabi is finished.
More until weekend. Stay updated!

hi,
i made a small test yesterday, too. i made a 25% race on canada and europe. Unfortunately, canada was a weird race with many weather changes (dry, rain, dry, rain), so the results of this track can be ignored. But the race in europe was quite interesting.

Unfortunately, the ai is with your mod about 1 sec faster on this track. So i had no chance to keep contact. But otherwise there was no difference in the braking behaviour. more or less, no ai car was overtaken me in corners. it was still the same, they overtook me on the straight. Moreover, i had the feeling, that even my car is a bit more slowly (of about 1 or 2 secs). That's a bit weird, because the file is called ai_driver_config isn't it?

But i think your mod has a different behaviour on every track like many people already wrote here.

JayS, remydeleeuw: im looking forward to some new updated files from you guys.

Okay, well I tested the AI on many tracks with 25% races. The fact is that the AI have their "better" or "more worse" tracks means Texas or Bahrain is very challenging and for example Silverstone or Singapore aren't their best tracks. I decided to rebalance the different corner speeds to get a more complete challenge especially with the new braking points. For now first Abu-Dhabi is finished.
More until weekend. Stay updated!

So do you think you will be able to release a mod that combines with this one to include re balanced corner speeds and breaking points?

Would this take long? I can test files if you like.

What have you been editing?

I edited The driver_config.xml in The ai folder with help from a topic at The 2011 mods section (how to make an ai-mod) and The ai cars are overtaking me in corners now. :)
Saw the same topic and i was trying some modifications.
I was trying to mod the DNF cars to stay on the track. And just messed with some changes for the AI, i must say, the AI can be MUCH better with some modifications. I cannot say about problems, because i was just testing the SC in Brazil, so i haven't played long distances and other tracks, but it really works.
By the way, have you noticed any difference changing the fuel in the ai vehicle config? Even with the "effectapplytoplayer" i haven't noticed a difference. Looking to the lines below im almost sure they affect acceleration/braking of the AI, but well, it already works for the player even when its off. :O_o:

I am interested in the mod. At some circuits the cars are too fast for me (on pro level) while on other circuits im too fast for them.. I need something between intermediate and pro for some circuits
Hm... Then i think you'll need another mod.
For now sorry but i don't remember the link. But search in the MODs section, it was something like "Legend too fast" theres a tutorial on how to mod the DB, you can use the table to use the old pro level on the tracks you want :D

Just noticed that if the AI has a puncture, they retire :O_o:
Why they don't drive to the pit and replace it.
Im almost sure this is "fixeable". When i was trying to mod the ai files to trigger the SC i made a lot of changes and saw some cars really slow on the track, then i noticed that were cars with puncture. I guess you only need to increase its recovery time:
<rcRecoveryTimeOut float="10.0" />
On ai_driver_config.xml ;)

Just to correct this.
I forgot but the rcRecoverytimeout is not the only one to fix it.
You should also change this value:
<rtModerateDamageThreshold float="0.5" />
Haven't made much tests based on this value only, but im almost sure it indicates how much car damage % the AI car need to have before decide to retire or not.
So probably if a puncture means 60% damage (crazy CM values) the car will retire with the default above value. But probably 0.7 its enough to fix it.

Just to correct this.
I forgot but the rcRecoverytimeout is not the only one to fix it.
You should also change this value:
<rtModerateDamageThreshold float="0.5" />
Haven't made much tests based on this value only, but im almost sure it indicates how much car damage % the AI car need to have before decide to retire or not.
So probably if a puncture means 60% damage (crazy CM values) the car will retire with the default above value. But probably 0.7 its enough to fix it.

I'm going to test this this evening :)

Just one question, if I change AI performance in database and ai_config, do I need to put original files every time I play online?
Almost sure the answer is.... yes :(
I have to folders on my F1 - Online and Offline.
Then i just copy the files and replace when im playing online.
Any file that "shares" the file online, will not work. So besides, cameras, textures, helmets, most of the mods need to be switched off/online

EDIT: I mean, two folders, no to! :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back