FM7 Couple of quick question need an answer please.

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Not sure about the mouse steering, not something that I've tried.

Do you need it, that depends on your taste and addiction to the hobby.

With AC and PC2 you have two excellent titles, Forza 7 does not bring a better simulation or AI, but it does have very nice visuals and a million cars. It took me more than a day and I now have the steering to my liking, but it does not have the same level of feedback as AC and PC2 - maybe it is possible with more tweaking or knowledge of ffb settings.

When dialed in Forza 7 is fun though, even if the AI is not impressive - maybe be at higher tiers it will get better though, I hope so, but up to now I have only seen more speed, not more skill. There is an aggression setting, but that just seems to make the AI even less aware of your position wrt its drive line. Also the AI does not race against the AI, it just forms a line. There is some rubberbanding.

Stability on my rig is okay-ish, in three days I had three CTDs and an number of lockups. Also the paintshop sometimes fails to load. It is still early, so I expect the game to be fixed and even more optimized soon.

Visuals are imo stunning and the performance is great, the racing can be a lot of fun - I really enjoyed racing the vintage Brabham open wheel. Just now I finished a Truck competition, which was great fun, especially the bad weather races were a visual treat.

Just about to start a NASCAR series, still undecided which car to buy :)

The lockups are annoying. Usually either it locks up straight into the titlescreen and no more thereafter in the playsession or it locks up a few times after extended playtime.

The AI are divebombing madmen for sure, so there is never a race without serious contact between cars.

Otherwise I am having a grand time.

The lockups are annoying. Usually either it locks up straight into the titlescreen and no more thereafter in the playsession or it locks up a few times after extended playtime.

The AI are divebombing madmen for sure, so there is never a race without serious contact between cars.

Otherwise I am having a grand time.

Imagine CTD when you are on lap 29/46 placed 4th after a good pit stop and 8 laps of clawing back...
I had to to a short break after that.

Otoh, the game rewards you for longer races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%