Could you help me with this helmet?

Hi all,

I´m Alex, from Spain, i´m looking for attached Pedro De La Rosa´s helmet for Assetto Corsa. I tried to create it by myself but I don´t know nothing about Photoshop, so you already know about the result... :(

Could anyone help me doing this helmet skin?

I was looking for a section of skins request to post it but I can´t find it. Please, if there an appropiated section for this i´m sorry, I will move it.

Thank you very much indeed.

Alex

Attachments

• PDLR Lateral.jpg
    PDLR Lateral.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 277
  • PDLR Frontal.jpg
    PDLR Frontal.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 219
What car did you want it for?
Different cars use different drivers models, so the textures may not be the same layout.
I'd be willing to give it a shot, although I'm sure there a more qualified members for the job.

What car did you want it for?
Different cars use different drivers models, so the textures may not be the same layout.
I'd be willing to give it a shot, although I'm sure there a more qualified members for the job.

First of all, thank you oCh33sYo for your time.

Really good point, I didn't think on it. It would be great to use it with a Mclaren 650s.

Thank you!

Not the cleanest job in the world but it gets it done.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pedro-de-la-rosa-helmet-skin.28158/
__custom_showroom_1565241847.jpg
__custom_showroom_1565242057.jpg

Just drop the textures in the folder for the skin you want to use.

I used the Kunos Kimi helmet as a template as it has a similar layout.
I also used the excellent skin made by @jvinu2000 for the VRC MP4/20 modified to fit the different helmet model. He deserves a good deal of the credit.

Bit of an issue I noticed is that some skins (including the default skins for the 650s) include a skin.ini file which overwrites the driver textures in the folder.
You'll have to delete the line HELMET=\, or the skins.ini to work around this.

View attachment 319138 View attachment 319139

I also used the excellent skin made by @jvinu2000 for the VRC MP4/20 modified to fit the different helmet model. He deserves a good deal of the credit.

Bit of an issue I noticed is that some skins (including the default skins for the 650s) include a skin.ini file which overwrites the driver textures in the folder.

oCh33sYo you are awesome!!

Stunning job man, thank you very much for your effort.

All the best from Spain. :):):)

Wait... That's all it takes? I've been pulling my hair out for years over that, trying to have a mix of skins.ini entries and skin folder textures being used and never got it to work in game; leaving the line blank just loads the default in game (but works in CM). Never occurred to me to just delete the line itself.

Wait... That's all it takes? I've been pulling my hair out for years over that, trying to have a mix of skins.ini entries and skin folder textures being used and never got it to work in game; leaving the line blank just loads the default in game (but works in CM). Never occurred to me to just delete the line itself.
I believe you can also comment it out using # before the line.
It works in CM preview anyway, haven't tried it in game.

Leaving it blank (ie: listing "HELMET=\" without anything after) also works in CM, but not in game.

After some testing it seems that as long as the [driver] line is present in that file it will ignore all driver textures in the main skin folder.

Deleting the [driver] entries allows textures to be used and still keep the crew portion as would deleting the entire skins.ini file and just copying the desired textures to the main skin folder.

Because the HELMET= line starts in the \content\texture\driver_helmet folder, it seems like its impossible to point to the skins folder itself.

You could however create a new folder in \content\texture\driver_helmet, place the texture there, and then point the skins.ini to that directory if you planned on using the same helmet texture for multiple skins.
[driver]
SUIT=\sparco\black
GLOVES=\sparco_racecars_arrow_rg7\black_orange_white
HELMET=\HELMET_PDLR

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\orange_black
HELMET=\orange
BRAND=\mclaren

Seems like the best bet is just to delete the [driver] lines or skins.ini if it's only being used for one skin.

I am curious why it just uses the default skin when no HELMET= is present though.

View attachment 319138 View attachment 319139

How the hell do you modify the 'vrc-driver-helmet' file into a 'HELMET_2012' file? I'm desperate to use Kimi's 2005 helmet on a car that isn't the MP4-20

How the hell do you modify the 'vrc-driver-helmet' file into a 'HELMET_2012' file? I'm desperate to use Kimi's 2005 helmet on a car that isn't the MP4-20
Photoshop. I used this bit:
IMG_20190820_081427.jpg

The rest was done by hand to make this (fairly sloppily):
__PS_3D_Default - Default Texture.jpg

I really should touch up some of the rough bits...
I may have done Kimi's helmet already now that you mention it.
Have to take a look when I'm at home.
EDIT:
I have, but it's very crude and not something I'd ever release.
Maybe I'll work on one tonight.
__custom_showroom_1566312391.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, please do. I’m on my knees!

I can never quite get the hang of customising a helmet, I have Photoshop CS2 (not ideal at all) and can only seem to skin cars and gloves. Have attempted this helmet before but I tend to give up before I even try. I’d be... just eternally thankful if you ever released a finished version :). The dream helmet!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%