I’d so want to see a 2J fan car successor. Can you imagine those cornering speeds?! You’d need a bionic neck just to withstand the Gs :roflmao::roflmao:

Maybe a real life X2010? (Obviously not as quick and not as much suction)
BA50DF8369EF9072B007D9FE77B7FEC70735F79D_size77_w1280_h720.jpeg

I’d so want to see a 2J fan car successor. Can you imagine those cornering speeds?! You’d need a bionic neck just to withstand the Gs :roflmao::roflmao:

Maybe a real life X2010? (Obviously not as quick and not as much suction)
BA50DF8369EF9072B007D9FE77B7FEC70735F79D_size77_w1280_h720.jpeg

From what I recall about that car it had 1483bhp and 527lbs ft of torque to it and it could exceed 300mph and pull about 9G in the corners, you would need a fighter pilot G-suit to drive it!

From what I recall about that car it had 1483bhp and 527lbs ft of torque to it and it could exceed 300mph and pull about 9G in the corners, you would need a fighter pilot G-suit to drive it!
It would take either a very strong and fit person with help by bionics or a robot to drive it; but either way it would be a hell of a spectacle.

It would take either a very strong and fit person with help by bionics or a robot to drive it; but either way it would be a hell of a spectacle.

Yeah it would be a feat you would be after someone with Fighter Pilot reactions to drive the thing, that car is violent when you upset it, but if you respect it and coax it, it will do some insane lap times!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned on this subject but if you can get hold of it please subscribe to the Marshall Pruett podcast if you are a motorsport nut like me! :laugh::D

There is a brilliant interview with Neel Jani talking about driving the 919 Evo. Really interesting to hear his views and just how crazy this piece of machinery is. Please be aware though that that there is some swearing as he describes the first time he drove it! :laugh:

I had to smile when he said that the car generated so much downforce he went through Eau Rouge (flat, full throttle) with the DRS open...I think he said 6g vertical and 5g lateral through there alone.

His braking points were pretty much halved in most places and he said something that was interesting (although not unexpected). The car was so fast that he was driving it purely on instinct, in most situations you have some window to take in the corner but with the speeds so high in the Evo it just wasn't possible.

As for having a real world class for them? I'm not 100% sure. The speeds would be so high and the braking distances so short, racing would be incredibly tough in these machines. There's also the physical side of trying to drive something like this for a one hour stint let alone a group drivers over 24 hours. Can you imagine the vertical loading around Daytona's banking?! ;):D

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned on this subject but if you can get hold of it please subscribe to the Marshall Pruett podcast if you are a motorsport nut like me! :laugh::D

There is a brilliant interview with Niel Janni talking about driving the 919 Evo. Really interesting to hear his views and just how crazy this piece of machinery is. Please be aware though that that there is some swearing as he describes the first time he drove it! :laugh:

I had to smile when he said that the car generated so much downforce he went through Eau Rouge (flat, full throttle) with the DRS open...I think he said 6g vertical and 5g lateral through there alone.

His braking points were pretty much halved in most places and he said something that was interesting (although not unexpected). The car was so fast that he was driving it purely on instinct, in most situations you have some window to take in the corner but with the speeds so high in the Evo it just wasn't possible.

As for having a real world class for them? I'm not 100% sure. The speeds would be so high and the braking distances so short, racing would be incredibly tough in these machines. There's also the physical side of trying to drive something like this for a one hour stint let alone a group drivers over 24 hours. Can you imagine the vertical loading around Daytona's banking?! ;):D

BRB gonna listen to it!

Would be great to make the time attack chamionships going even more crazier.

The Tracks are already here (looking at all the "boring" new tilke tracks).

And i bet that a €100.000 private s15 will be still the hero for the fans even when it gets beaten by a €100.000.000 mercedes prototype. Just look at the Hillclimb Szene...its about cars, technology, bravery, and the least important fact for people/fans/spectators is which f3000 took the overall win cause every class has outstanding cars for its own.

Just look at the Goodwood Hillclimb....thats what people want to see.

They are tired of all the same looking, same sounding, spec cars and leagues.

Last edited:
[ Off-Topic]

There's been loads of simracing related news released throughout last week, so how come Race Department, one of the Internet's biggest English sim racing news site cease to exist , when One writer/reporter Paul Jeffrey, doesn't post new news.

Where are all the other simracing reporters, what the hells going on, how come one man have so much power that if he doesn't write or report news for this site, the whole operation comes to a grinding halt.

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea. It would also impulse new & unused technology and most interesting races. Let imagination propose and test without limitations. Only the logical safety rules and the rest will come. Just imagine, diesel cars, gasoline, electrical, hybrid, rotative, steam, all competing...how interesting.

I would leave this stuff to simracing, where you can really have no limits and nobody gets hurt, and nobody has to rob a bank,

in real life the money is the limit, and as other said, I'm not a huge friend of idea where rich team becomes the fastest, rules and limits needs to be there, but they should be there in a way where it wont' stop smart people becoming faster then the rest, that's kinda how I see F1

but there needs to be balance, and I feel like F1 is now too strict. Things like engines/gearboxes/tyres now save money, but they also take away from the sport where cars can't go as fast as they can, becasue tyres/engine/gearbox won't last enough races

I would leave this stuff to simracing, where you can really have no limits and nobody gets hurt, and nobody has to rob a bank,
I see your point, with esports on the rise it can be done. But the point of having it in real life it helps with technology being better. For example, with this, we could see a fully electric car be faster than a Formula One car.

I think it's a great idea. It would also impulse new & unused technology and most interesting races. Let imagination propose and test without limitations. Only the logical safety rules and the rest will come. Just imagine, diesel cars, gasoline, electrical, hybrid, rotative, steam, all competing...how interesting.
That is exactly what I was thinking, getting the coolest cars to put on a poster, and knowing that those cars will be wicked fast.

[ Off-Topic]

There's been loads of simracing related news released throughout last week, so how come Race Department, one of the Internet's biggest English sim racing news site cease to exist , when One writer/reporter Paul Jeffrey, doesn't post new news.
I honestly didn't expect my post to be on the main wall, but ya what happened

This sounds too much like the argument to allow sprinters to take whatever drugs they like just to see what peak human performance is possible lol! But I think there may be too much at stake for manufacturers. My wanton abandoning self says, yeah let's see it happen. But my competitive sensible side says that restrictions make motorsport work; sensible restrictions like HP output, displacement etc. allow manufacturers to compete in non-restricted areas. I look at restrictions not as establishing a level playing field, but more like establishing boundaries that stretch the manufacturers imaginations to compete around those restrictions. It offers another argument; will no restricted class provide more innovative in motorsport / car manufacture than working within, and attempting to break out of a set of constraints?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%