Who here wants the Unlimited Class to be reasonable safe here and not be a danger to the drivers or spectators?, bit of safety sense here and that is good try to keep it safe and exciting not lethal and not draw in the crowds....

Sorry this is me getting annoyed I will take a break from it but I am just venting some of my anger at people on here who thinks having drivers die in sport is all good fun and should happen, that is the wrong way to think about it....

Just as a follow up I dont want to see a driver death happen in racing ever I saw Allen Simonsens death happen at Le Mans in 2013, I have seen Sennas accident and Bianchis accident, I dont want any driver to die in the sport again, the danger should be there but it shouldnt risk the lives of the drivers themselves....I am getting tired of people who would take the sport back to the 1950s and let there be fatal accidents and be damned about it....I REALLY dont want to see that again...

Why all the "4 wheels" stuff? Real unlimited cars in my mind is

- 2 driven wheels next to each other, ~2m apart
- does not damage the driver
- does not damage the circuit
- minimum 3 complete laps (out + timed + in), maybe with additional classes requiring more timed laps

F1 is expensive because they're not allowed to innovate - they're all using high revving V6 turbos with kers, the aero has to fit inside a certain envelope, so any advantage they get is by trying 1000 tiny variations on each part to figure out what gets them an extra 0.001 seconds, not by being creative with active aero and stuff.

[edit] maybe also a rule about weighing the car before/after and weight loss has to be accounted for as fuel. Don't want people dropping winglets on the track to gain 50km/h on the final straight of the nords.

Last edited:
Why all the "4 wheels" stuff? Real unlimited cars in my mind is

- 2 driven wheels next to each other, ~2m apart
- does not damage the driver
- does not damage the circuit
- minimum 3 complete laps (out + timed + in), maybe with additional classes requiring more timed laps

F1 is expensive because they're not allowed to innovate - they're all using high revving V6 turbos with kers, the aero has to fit inside a certain envelope, so any advantage they get is by trying 1000 tiny variations on each part to figure out what gets them an extra 0.001 seconds, not by being creative with active aero and stuff.

At least you understand what I am getting at with the driver safety and track safety!

I so wanna see an "Unlimited" Class time attack cars something where no rules are allowed apart from one, the cars must protect the driver from an accident, I would like to see more of it return as like the old CanAm cars but with more safety....and also no engine regulations I would like to see what engine manufacturers would do when they have no rules regarding what they can do with engines too....that would be insanity!

Or don't care about safety at all, like for example TT bike race.
When you don't care about safety you could let those unlimited cars race at the Ring for 24h, or Lemans track *with no chicanes on the main straight, would be interesting to see who can survive that.

Bring back the madness, like in the old days

Or don't care about safety at all, like for example TT bike race.
When you don't care about safety you could let those unlimited cars race at the Ring for 24h, or Lemans track *with no chicanes on the main straight, would be interesting to see who can survive that.

Bring back the madness, like in the old days

I feel that the drivers should not die in the name of sport as for the tracks yeah bring back the old days give me back the 3.7 mile Mulsanne straight and see what the cars can REALLY do down there....

It's cool to see this stuff, but a lack of rules actually makes for less exciting "racing." Cost is the pitfall of motorsports.

The Group B rally cars of the 80's essentially died (along with their drivers) because the cost to keep up the speed and be competitive was so ridiculous.

The two main reasons for having "rules" is safety and to keep costs in check. Without rules, the winners tend to be whoever has the most money to spend.

They should have unlimited showcase events, where they take cars that compete in exisiting championships and remove the performance restrictions to show how fast they are capable of going. Basically what porsche did with the 919. So you can have everything from F1/GP2, LMP1/2, GT3/GTE, DTM and Super GT and WRC and WRX. At the end of the season a couple of the big manufacturers that do want to showcase their performance technology can come down to an FIA hosted event and see how fast their car can go when it's not being held back.

It's cool to see this stuff, but a lack of rules actually makes for less exciting "racing." Cost is the pitfall of motorsports.

The Group B rally cars of the 80's essentially died (along with their drivers) because the cost to keep up the speed and be competitive was so ridiculous.

The two main reasons for having "rules" is safety and to keep costs in check. Without rules, the winners tend to be whoever has the most money to spend.
So basically would be like football :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back