Could need some help with my FOV on a Odyssey G9

Hello everyone,

my name is Alex and i am pretty new to Sim Racing and Assetto Corsa is the first sim i´m trying atm and currently in the process of dialing everything in.

I already got my FFB set up to how i like it and played around with the graphic settings/csp/sol/pp filter inside the Content Manager.

The next thing now is getting the FOV right.

When i use one of the popular FOV calculators and just set AC to single screen and use the recommended FOV the sides look pretty warped.

After some googling around i found out that some people use the G9 as a triple screen inside some racing sims with a width of 400mm for every screen and an angle of 23° and it looks much better.

I sit around 55-60cm away from the screen so my fov should be somewhere around 32 to 34, that´s what i´m currently using to compare single to triple screen and then move the camera position a bit back in game bc that´s what i´m used to from real life (i sit as far back as possible in pretty much every car bc ißm 2.08m tall).

Is this the right approach or is there something wrong with setting the monitor up as a triple screen?

Another thing is that i get a lot more FPS in triple screen mode which i don´t really understand as the only thing i´m changing is the rendering mode, everything else stays the same and in the benchmark i get around 110 fps compared to 70 in single screen mode?

I´m also wondering about other sims that i already got installed (ACC, AMS2, Dirt Rally 2.0, rF2) if i should/could use the same settings there or if there´s some other settings that corrects for the curve of the screen?

Thanks in advance everyone and sorry if i made some mistakes, english isn´t my native language.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%