The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer-march.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - TC65 Mustang
Track: Hockenheim National
Conditions: Evening (Game time 19.00)

Practice: 20.00 GMT / 21.00 CET(40 min)
Qualification: 20.40 GMT / 21.40 CET (20 min)
Race: 21.00 GMT / 22.00 CET- 33 laps (approx 1 hour)

Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: As this event is a 1 hour endurance race, 1 pit stop is mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note 3: Default skins only
Note 4: This will be an evening race - In-game race start time 19.00

• Matt Crouch

I think I also prefer the longer races for GTL because it feels like we end up with a lot of practice for a relatively short amount of racing otherwise - but maybe that's down to the length of the practice and quali sessions rather than the number / length of races

@ Matt - Yup I hear what you're saying, and I agree. I've been concentrating on the events themselves and sort of just going along with traditional session lengths, as I sort of inherited the timings. Now I'm happier with the events themselves, I'm looking to tweak it a bit more after a few events worth of experience.

I'm trying to work out what the best overall time for an event is, and what the make up of the sessions are within that overall time. 2 - 2.5 hours from start to finish for an event is about right I reckon.

CotM is an hour of Prac & Quali (40 + 20) followed by an hour of race. I think that feels right, and I think you seem to agree with that from what you're saying.

Because GTL doesn't have superpole, I've been defaulting quali to 20 mins, but I think that might be a bit on the long side for sprint races.

Personally, I think the race time should roughly equal the Practice + Qualy total.

So, I'm thinking (purely for the multi track sprint nights) of dropping the total Prac + Quali time to 25 mins (15 Prac 10 quali) and then having approx a 25 minute race. 3 x 50 min events is 2.5 hours total, of which half is race time.

@Knut - I also hear what you're saying, and I know some people like the Enduro more than the sprints, which is why I instigated CotM races. At that time, it was going to be 1 enduro / 1 sprint a week.

Now we've gone to 3 events a week (when all the servers are up, of course) it'll be more difficult to make it such an easily split schedule.

However, I will be doing some enduro events during the week (see the Le Mans event), plus the league will up the enduro count once that starts (they come in about 45 mins + 90 mins for the Spa race).

I'll hopefully be there for this, since my "enduro" last night lasted a whole 4 laps. Internet connections this weekend have been horrible, so it may be in the lap of the gods.
I've not done a single test lap with this car / track combo, so I'll just be making up the numbers.

Man. A. Live.

That was such good fun :D :good:

I could wail about the injustice of getting a stop/go for avoiding the flying Warren after his & Croucher's coming together, but you know what? It really doesn't matter.

Good driving, good cars, a good track and a totally chucklesome teamspeak congregation.

Qualied 5th, finished 6th. But that only tells a fraction of the story.

Cheers all - see you @ Nurby GP on Thursday at the "drive what you brung" event.

What a pleasure to have a GTL race with you guys, after the disasters of recent GTRE events. That was a ball, and we all had a ton of fun on TS.
I'm getting to like the old Mustang except for when the tyres go gooey.
Had a ball following Glenn for the first 8 or so laps as he was sliding the tail like a man possessed, and just as I was telling the guys on TS that I estimated his tyres must be just about surrendering, right on cue Glenn spun off. Geez it looked spectacular there for a while Glenn, some classic sideways action.
Ben did his usual and toyed around with us eventually breaking my concentration enough for me to put it into the wall. :poke:
Apologies to Matt for tapping him into the hairpin, my tyres were screaming for mercy at that stage and wouldn't stop anymore. To top it off, I later put the Mustang sideways (a la Glenn) and presented a target to Matt, who rolled me over. You shouldn't have waited mate, it was all my fault.

Thanks to all the company on TS, it was hilarous, but Olly needs some new jokes :mad-tongue: . Grats to Ben for the usual casual win, and well done to Gaynall and Matt for the podium. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back