Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_july.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - Chevrolet Corvette '65
Track: Riverside Club / Can-Am (sprint /feature)
Conditions: 17.00 in game time

Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 18 laps

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: This is a 2 race event. Race 1 is a sprint race - no pitstops. Race 2 has 1 pit stop as mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.

Theres my GTL fix! I'm skyhigh now:)

Second race was epic for me. Started 5th and somehow my car had automatic transmission. Through the first lap the car shifted up and down all the time while I was trying to remember how to set it to manual again. Tried some F buttons and F1 it was(probably pressed it while ESCing in qualy).

It was now start of lap 2 and I had some catching up to do. Me and the corvette had become friends at this point and she was the sweetest girl, constantly feeling faster and more nimble. After several laps I had the first car in sight and to my surprise all 5 where in one pack! Then Avi and Amir had a little accident. Everyone(?) pitted around lap 8/9, but I thought I'd go for some hot laps to see if I could close the gap to Stuart. On lap 12 I went in to the pit to change four tires. And of course fiddle the menu for too many seconds...

Pitstop done and Stuart coming down the straight in full speed! Entered the track a little behind his car. For the next few laps I pushed hard to reel him in and when the distance had shrunk, some slipstreaming warped me right to his rear bumper. Had a poor first overtaking effort in the last corner and I suspect I forced you to go wide:( For the next laps it was racedrivers heaven

If the race had ended on lap 17 (which I thought it did:)), we would have been side by side. Stuart was driving good the last lap though and I was trying a little too hard. Congrats Stuart and thank you for a great race.

Riverside,the first Esses after the start-finn. line are my nightmare,in the first race ,Ouali on 6, hit the concrete tyers in the third lap or so engine dead,race over.
Watch the race from the pit ,seeing some nice fights ,at the end of the race only three cars survive.

Race two, Quali. on 6 place a 2.10 not that bad(last place) start OK,bud you guess it alright hit the D#M tyers again this time a spin so I good continue,lost contact ,bud seeing Knut driving slow past him an lost the car in the uphill corner so Knut was gone,rest of the race was very lonely ,time distance stay a round 40 sec place 6,
at lap 12 Pitting only rear tyers some fuel no repair, 42 sec.
Lap times about 2.10 same as Quali time not able to close.
In the last laps of the race ,pit board say place 5 an after the finn. place 4 so two of the guys out with some problems.

I would say : next time better bud driving some laps on Thermalito, I don't sink
it's gonna be better!
It's like a Vette on a cart track.
Hans

• Matt Crouch

Race 1 - Quali. Couldn't get the join right at-all. I had a couple of later laps where my first and second sectors were good enough for P1 but I span at the join on both of them. Started in P4 and had a fairly normal race. Then 'the incident' happened and it got a bit confusing :p. Amir decided to wait so when I went past I held back as I didn't want to shoot off into the distance unfairly. Then Kris caught up so I carried on racing to the end and took first :) - and the join of Doom didn't get me this time

Race 2 - I decided to go for long gears rather than medium here. Qualified P2. Very close 4-way for the whole of the first half. I was impressed Avi managed to get straight back after that big spin a few laps in. Then Avi and Amir had the collision, Knut caught up and went past me, and me and Stuart both pitted. While I was entering the pit I was saying to myself 'remember the pit limiter on the way out.' However, I was also on TS with the evo people saying what a race they were missing, and clearly didn't have enough capacity to remember the pit limiter. Only a bit of speeding but no leniency from those harsh stewards, so I got a stop and wait 10 seconds and go :(.

I caught up to Amir and Avi spinning off on their own, and a couple of laps later I had a big run on Amir round the outside, left it a little wide though, dropped onto the grass and couldn't quite keep it in control :rain:.
Another couple of laps and I see Amir going for some impressive off-roading and a jump / flip on the long straight, leaving me to finish 3rd overall.

Good event overall, another good track for the Vettes and glad to see no technical problems :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%