Premium
gtl-flyer-april.jpg

FORMAT CHANGE!! PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - GTC65 Renault Alpine - Sprint & Feature
Track: Glen Watkins Nascar / Glen Watkins Long Download
Weather: Dry

Sprint - Nascar layout:
Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe (5 min)
Qualification: 19.05 GMT / 20.05 UK / 21.05 Europe (15 min)
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe- 12 laps

Feature - Long layout (pitstop mandatory):
Practice: 5 min
Qualification: (20 min)
Race: 22 laps

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: 1 pit stop is mandatory in the FEATURE race only. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note 3: A skinpack will be used for this event. All partipants are to download ths pack here whether they are using one of the skins or not.

Entrylist:
  1. Hans Sneep
  2. Stuart Thomson
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Glenn Morris
  5. Simon Bacon
  6. Gaynall Hudgins (tentative)
  7. Kris Leeten
  8. Matt Crouch (tentative)
  9. Sam J Simpson
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

Nige - or indeed anyone else who this happens to - when it's league season, don't worry too much about missing races.

I always knew the turnout would fluctuate when the leagues were on.

If you're missing a race due to league commitments, just let me know you're missing a race.

All I ask is that people don't sign up to races, and then not show, or don't bother to sign up and then moan if the event is cancelled due to (perceived) lack of interest.

There are a couple of people on their first strike of no-show, neither has contacted me with any explanation.

Which has, as you may probably imagine, not gone down a storm with me.

Gents - we will have a change of format for this Alpines in April finale.

Because I can now do server admin, we have more flexibility in our events, so we will do a proper "sprint & feature" race.

We will do a 12-lap sprint round the Glen on the "Nascar" layout, then I'll re-do the server for a 22-lap feature round the "Long" layout. The Long layout is the Nascar layout plus "the Boot" section, so it shares a lot of the same track, allowing for easy acclimatisation - the "Boot" section doesn't require anything special in setup beyond the Nascar layout, so the same setup (with a fuel adjustment of course) will work equally well on both layouts.

I'm thinking of doing just a 5 minute practice (purely to allow people to join) and then a 15 min (sprint) & 20 min (feature) quali session. If we do it like that, we start qualli sooner, we start racing sooner, the grids might be just the little bit more interesting, and we actually get more racing in on the night in roughly the same time window.

After race 1 finishes, I'll ask people to go to this thread, and I'll let them know in here when the server is up for the second race.

Thoughts / objections / agreements?

I'll proceed unless something fundamental comes up to prevent the above scenario from being workable.

Good idea Stu, it will add more interest with the small change to the track, and of course has the big benefit of allowing people a second chance if they crash in race 1, or have other problems such as PC freezes. (I wonder why I thought about that ?? :wink2: )

Yeh I'll put my name down Mr Thomson.... Why do I keep wanting to put a "p" in your name?... *shrugs*
Never driven at the 'glen before.
Any suggestions for setup? I've had enough trouble trying to get an Alpine to go fast in a straight line so far, let alone around corners

lol :wink2:

It's a pretty simple, fairly fast track, you'll need to go long gears, but pretty much drive it clean, don't go sliding too much, as it's rear engined, so once you go beyond the limit, it's very difficult to recover. Which also means don't change down too soon, as if the rear locks, that rear mass will cause untold problems for you.

Peter (Gog) loaded a setup online in Zolder that people seemed to like, so maybe you could try that one first, and just up the gears to "long"?

Actually - thinking about it, because of the chicane at the end of the main straight, it might be "medium" gears - best to try it out, though

Just so you have an idea about the layouts:
  1. Nascar
  2. Long

Attachments

• NAWa_LOD.jpg
    NAWa_LOD.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 200
  • LoWa_LOD.jpg
    LoWa_LOD.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 234
@Glenn, I've stuck my setup in online folder, minus the nasty question mark :) , medium gearing but not fuel corrected, 25 laps worth on long circuit,, might be a bit loose for some but with fuel shown It did a 2:15:0 after 4 laps with me at the helm.

Sam

I think the idea is good ,one sing, if you are few minute's late you can't join in Quali.?
Second ,1pitstop for fuel, but change tyre's is up to us ?

I am happy with a longer Quali. give me more time to do a decent lap time,Ha

So lets see how this works out, it's what Warren said if you screwup the first you have always a second chance.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline