Premium
gtl-flyer-april.jpg

FORMAT CHANGE!! PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - GTC65 Renault Alpine - Sprint & Feature
Track: Glen Watkins Nascar / Glen Watkins Long Download
Weather: Dry

Sprint - Nascar layout:
Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe (5 min)
Qualification: 19.05 GMT / 20.05 UK / 21.05 Europe (15 min)
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe- 12 laps

Feature - Long layout (pitstop mandatory):
Practice: 5 min
Qualification: (20 min)
Race: 22 laps

Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: 1 pit stop is mandatory in the FEATURE race only. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note 3: A skinpack will be used for this event. All partipants are to download ths pack here whether they are using one of the skins or not.

I think the underlined above might be the salient 5 words here :D

My thoughts exactly Stuart! I think a 2:15 for Sam will be something along the lines of 2:19 for me.

Thanks for the setup Sam. I'll do some practice tonight I think.

Also Stuart. I was thinking at work today (SHOCK HORROR!!) that maybe sometime in the future (if you think it's a feasible idea) that we could introduce a kind of short sprint race to determine the grid positions...

For example, back in the Group A days here in Australia, they had what was called the "Peter Jackson Dash". Basically, I think it was the top 5/6 qualifiers had a 5 lap sprint around the track by themselves, no holds barred. The finishing position of this sprint then determined the grid positions for the race. Now, I'm not sure how you'd implement it in GTL, or even if it's a feasible idea. Just thought that I'd throw it out there... Gives something a little different to GTL racing, thats all.

Cheers

Glenn

I'm not sure there's a way to jigger the grids without a load of trial and error chicanery mate.

First off, if we do sprint & feature - that's 2 completely separate events due to the way GTL handles events.

Beyond that, there's no grid manipulation on the GTL dedi :disapointed:

Fantastic! The 2nd race was even a more intense fight for 2nd pos with Matt untill my pitstop in lap 12. The first stint was full with position changes and going side by side in the first fast corners (and many other). When I entered pit I was in 2nd pos with a (very) little gap with Matt. But then I completely forgot that you have to re-activate the limiter as I was standing very near to the end of the pit. :(
After the pit I got between some other drivers and it looked promissing, untill I got the stop& go. I pitted in right away, but perhaps I should have waited untill the end as now I had a very lonely 9laps to go. Ended 6th and waisted a podium and another 10 laps of dogfighting with Matt. :(

That was different

Race 1, my mate turned up with his dog, a 150lb+ Rotweiller, when he wants petted there isn't much chance of saying no, and I crashed. :giggle:

Race 2, I left my setup I'd uploaded on the car and went for it in Quali, got pole, started well and drove away from the pack BUUUUT I was bursting for a PEE from about half way :dance2:, pitted just after mid distance to change all 4 tyres and came out with a healthy lead and far too much fuel onboard, drove as fast as I could to get the race finished quickly, ran for it and only just made the loo :rotfl: so sorry for bailing out after I'd crossed the line, now you know why :wink2: thanks for the racing guys and thanks to Stuart for the organisation.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years