Tracks COTA Formula 1 2021 United States Grand Prix Add-ons Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !
These little tents (and some other stuff) are parts of the acu_cota_2021 update from marc_13000 (track link in archive) and absent from original acu_united_states version.
Cheers !
Oh boy, I didn't know Marc released an update for his version!
I think I have to take a look at the GTP thread more often, there's so much going on that it's easy to miss stuff... :rolleyes:

Hi !
In the last US extension, as it is a multi-track version release, I tried before release to assure with the modders community that anything is up-to-date regarding extensions. So I only recommend to backup your folder somewhere (just as a safety process) and overwrite everything including the main ext_config.ini which includes all the other extension files. It should really work flawlessly :)
Thats great thanks, that makes things simpler, its not hard, I just don't have full information yet.

If I download an extention ini file that just has little bits in, how do I handle them? for example (this is silverstone). I already have a file with model replacements in my current ext_config.ini.

However, I've just downloaded a new ext_config.ini file with only this in:

[SOL]
FOG_LEVEL=1.3
FOG_BLEND=1.1
FOG_DISTANCE=0.85
SMOG_MORNING=0.20
SMOG_NOON=0.35
SMOG_EVENING=0.45
SUN_DAWN=2
SUN_DUSK=3.5

[VAO]
; OPACITY = 0.5 ; override opacity of VAO patch if set
; MULTIPLIER = 1.0 ; override brightness multiplier of VAO patch if set

[LIGHT_POLLUTION]
ACTIVE = 1
DENSITY=.5
RADIUS_KM=1
COLOR=1,1,0.9
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

I presume I can just paste the above at the bottom of the current config file? or is your suggested way to somehow link them with similar to:

[INCLUDE: ext_config-xxxx.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

In the current config file

Thats great thanks, that makes things simpler, its not hard, I just don't have full information yet.

If I download an extention ini file that just has little bits in, how do I handle them? for example (this is silverstone). I already have a file with model replacements in my current ext_config.ini.

However, I've just downloaded a new ext_config.ini file with only this in:

[SOL]
FOG_LEVEL=1.3
FOG_BLEND=1.1
FOG_DISTANCE=0.85
SMOG_MORNING=0.20
SMOG_NOON=0.35
SMOG_EVENING=0.45
SUN_DAWN=2
SUN_DUSK=3.5

[VAO]
; OPACITY = 0.5 ; override opacity of VAO patch if set
; MULTIPLIER = 1.0 ; override brightness multiplier of VAO patch if set

[LIGHT_POLLUTION]
ACTIVE = 1
DENSITY=.5
RADIUS_KM=1
COLOR=1,1,0.9
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

I presume I can just paste the above at the bottom of the current config file? or is your suggested way to somehow link them with similar to:

[INCLUDE: ext_config-xxxx.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

In the current config file
Common way was to use only one ext_config file but as extensions become more important I personally think it’s better to split into multiple files so it’s easier to disable one which can cause issues by just setting ACTIVE to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%