AC Corvette Prototypes @Road America - Fri 01Dec017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
All I'm going to say about tonight's race is tires, tires and more tires
18507.jpg

What an absolute disaster. I had the weirdest wheelspin on turn 1 - I've never had that before, so took me completely by surprise. Then back of the pack with flatspots pushing hard to catch up made a dumb mistake and ruined the tires so gave up. Sorry for leaving you guys just didn't fancy another race fighting for last place after stupid mistakes. If you wanna see the horrendous start I'll link the VOD (starts at 56:27):

What an absolute disaster. I had the weirdest wheelspin on turn 1 - I've never had that before, so took me completely by surprise. Then back of the pack with flatspots pushing hard to catch up made a dumb mistake and ruined the tires so gave up. Sorry for leaving you guys just didn't fancy another race fighting for last place after stupid mistakes. If you wanna see the horrendous start I'll link the VOD (starts at 56:27):

Ok I looked at the vid. Guess what? At 57:01 you just barely touch the little concrete kurb.......same thing happened to me with my setup quite a few times in practice and once in the race. If I got all the way out on it with the 2 left side tires I was fine, but if I barely touched it like you did the same thing happened every time unless I was off throttle which I learned after the race incident.

Thanks for taking part Joseph. I know it's not easy for you with the time difference across the pond and going to school.

Ok I looked at the vid. Guess what? At 57:01 you just barely touch the little concrete kurb.......same thing happened to me with my setup quite a few times in practice and once in the race. If I got all the way out on it with the 2 left side tires I was fine, but if I barely touched it like you did the same thing happened every time unless I was off throttle which I learned after the race incident.

Thanks for taking part Joseph. I know it's not easy for you with the time difference across the pond and going to school.
That's so weird. I did a 40 min long practice run and had been on track for hours and didn't have that a single time. Such a weird spin. Oh well, next time.

That's so weird. I did a 40 min long practice run and had been on track for hours and didn't have that a single time. Such a weird spin. Oh well, next time.
Watched your vid a couple of times, I'd have to agree with Bobby. Even though you look far away from the curb, Assetto must have some weird physics with this track. Cause there are some other concrete curbs without paint that this car will lose its mind on even though it doesn't seem bad. But that turn 1 curb, you can climb over the top of it with both tires no problem, just touch with the edge of one tire and it throws you. Very unfortunate.

Watched your vid a couple of times, I'd have to agree with Bobby. Even though you look far away from the curb, Assetto must have some weird physics with this track. Cause there are some other concrete curbs without paint that this car will lose its mind on even though it doesn't seem bad. But that turn 1 curb, you can climb over the top of it with both tires no problem, just touch with the edge of one tire and it throws you. Very unfortunate.
You had a front row seat to this very thing when I screwed up didn't you:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You had a front row seat to this very thing when I screwed up didn't you:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I had a driver's seat view when I did it in practice a bunch lol This race had a high attrition rate. Which is odd, or maybe just driver preferences? Because this was the most enjoyable race I've done so far in this group. Reason being I find the high downforce cars to be incredibly forgiving and easy to drive for my style. I just made one major mistake the entire race and even then I recovered mid drift and caught back up to Nick a lap later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back