Corvette C8.R Spied at Road America

A mid engined twin-turbocharged V6 wold make more sense since it has the capability of producing way, way more power than a naturally aspirated V8.
The notion that Corvette has to be a NA_8 is misguided.
That's like saying ALL Ferraris should have remained V12 or they can't be considered.
I love and have spent a great deal of time building, tuning and driving turbocharged cars.
They offer a much wider range of performance and economy, depending on how you drive them.

Last edited:
I've left it a while and I've got little investment in any Chevy anyway, so -

* It's not *bad*. Corvettes have been getting better for years performance-wise & it'll probably handle well & no doubt be good value performance still.
* But it's nothing special at all, it's pretty bland & hasn't grown on me. My favourite Corvettes are the 58-onwards C1s, and the C3, which are both dramatic & stylish shapes regardless of any other faults. I can't say I like the current Camaro front end but at least it's an attempt at bold design so it's not like they can't still do it.

Maybe the C9 will be a return to form. What was the last GM mid-engined car? surely can't be the VX220/Speedster.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back