Corvette C8.R Spied at Road America

When Chevy replace the C7r with this confusingly new shape so a legend will die. :(
Also the mid engine will break a long tradition. I hope this will not happen....
The C7r is the most beautiful Vette ever!

More and more looking like Ferraris each generation. C5 Corvette was the last good looking one. C4 was the last true Corvette out of Kentucky.

:O_o:
38879506_10215444849428907_8817933381879726080_o.jpg

NSX Gt3 and the Ferrari had a baby.
Somebody needs to build that CorFerrSX1 for simracing.
Seriously...that is one nice looking 'mated' design.
I think CC and the boys should make this imaginary car.

Looks nothing like a Corvette. It looks a bit like Chevrolet tried to create something to compete with European supercars. And the one thing I always loved about Corvette is a how practical yet iconic it looked. And that's coming from a huge Corvette Racing fan.

I really like C7, to me is the most beautiful Vette of all time. Ever is a challenge to create a new version, but I think change is good. Just hope it sounds aloud.

No, no, no! The engine must go in the front, and it must be naturally-aspirated.

Another thing:

ITS -- POSSESSIVE
IT'S -- CONTRACTION OF "IT IS".

I have been a die-hard Corvette fan since childhood. I'm a middle-aged, middle class working guy with a family, and it's still my dream car. I can't afford a new one (responsibly), but am hopefully inching closer to picking up a good condition used one (that will probably be at least 12+ years old when and if I do) in the next few years. There are certain things about it for me that make a Corvette a Corvette: front engine, that long hood, and a V8 at the core. It's never been as exotic as other high profile sports cars, and that's one of the things I have always loved about it. It's sort of the "blue collar working man" of high performance sports cars. I don't really care if Ferrari and Porsche have better leather - for the 10's to 100's of thou$ands more that they cost I would hope so. I know why they're going mid-engine... sort of, at least in terms of racing. But, I'm not interested, at all, in the mid-engine Corvette. For me, the "real" Corvette will die when C7 production ends. C8 may carry on the name, but will be something different. I wish them success, but I think my love for the car will end up forever looking to the past.

I have been a die-hard Corvette fan since childhood. I'm a middle-aged, middle class working guy with a family, and it's still my dream car. I can't afford a new one (responsibly), but am hopefully inching closer to picking up a good condition used one (that will probably be at least 12+ years old when and if I do) in the next few years.

I'm glad you're thinking about the future of your children first, and not selfishly trying to burn through all of your money on luxuries for yourself.

SPLC%2Beternal%2Bboomer%2B2017%2B6-22.jpg

What with this and the new-spec Aston Martin it seems as though WEC's full-on V8 sounds are fading away.

Funny when I think more cars than ever are using V8s, but I know what you mean ;) sadly this is convergence of technology - quite surprised it hasn't happened years ago. Porsche will join eventually ( turbo, not v8 ).

What is more unhappy is that I think the AM gt3 is the last V12 in racing *anywhere*, and this is the last yeat of that.

I've never understood why everybody seems to get so hung up on the number of cylinders an engine has.

Racing is all about Horse Power and torque, and mostly about torque when you get down to it.

For example, have you ever seen an in-line 4 cylinder Ferrari ... and one that had more torque that the 12 cyl. did? Heck, it's even in FRENCH blue!

Don't forget, the first Corvette was powered by a 6 cylinder ... and an in-line 6 at that!

Reactions: DND
Nothing to do with performance, all about the v12 experience, specifically your experience as it flies past :p BRM made a 1.5l v16 once - if they'd made it reliable it'd have been a killer, but in the end racing is also about reliability.

Horsepower is a mathematical product of torque and time, so it's *all* about torque, or how much torque you can get out of a unit of fuel.

The Car & Driver pic looks like a car from GTA5.
Not sure what to think of... Even the Duntov wanted mid-engine, and my love for corvettes came mostly from his contributions, as well as Mitchell's design.
As I see it, nowadays Camaro is not far away in the performance numbers, minus weight of course, but even with that it corners incredibly well these times, so if at public roads people want performance car with traditional layout, the camaro would be obvious choice. So they're aiming Corvette for different public... but it doesn't look crazy enough for that. Maybe it's different story how it behaves though.

I've never understood why everybody seems to get so hung up on the number of cylinders an engine has.
Don't forget, the first Corvette was powered by a 6 cylinder ... and an in-line 6 at that!

The talk of renaming the car is ridiculous, as a Corvette owner I am part of a group of car morons. I don't even read the blogs as they get so hung up on 'tradition', round tail lights, flip up head lamps, and the inevitable evolution, that if the Corvette is going to survive...and thrive, it will have to look at different technologies and I for one welcome it and hope to live long enough to see a hybrid or even an all electric car one day.
And if the main criteria is the number of cylinders, then the name Corvette would have never been associated with 8 to begin with as @Ted Duncan Jr pointed out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%