Corvette C7.R

Cars Corvette C7.R 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
100% agree...oh and you have one more year on me, suddenly I do not feel so old...:)...anyway it is not about us.

But wait...David has another question about FFB being to strong on the Corvette...I would turn down the FFB in-game for the moment when using that particular car until it is adjusted / patched possibly.

At the suggestion of someone on the Reiza forum I changed MaxForceAtSteeringRack to -2900 in the real feel ini file which makes the steering a little lighter and for me with a T300 makes it easier to feel the FFB properly. That file is at Steam/steamapps/common/Automobilista/RealFeelPlugin.ini

Search for C7R and edit as follows:

[C7R #]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2900.000000

You can always change it back if you don't like it.

This are the values that just come in last beta update, 30 of september, so now this ones must the correct.

ffb values bellow
[C7R #]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3200.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

You do realize there is no such thing as correct realfeel values? Its all subjective to user preference, thats why they are adjustable. Read all these people complaining about physics because they don't like the realfeel numbers is ridiculous. Everyone has different wheels, settings so how can one number be correct for all individuals. Learn to use the hotkeys.

You do realize there is no such thing as correct realfeel values? Its all subjective to user preference, thats why they are adjustable. Read all these people complaining about physics because they don't like the realfeel numbers is ridiculous. Everyone has different wheels, settings so how can one number be correct for all individuals. Learn to use the hotkeys.

Damn straight Stephen. I have a Bodnar DD Wheel and I need to reduce Realfeel settings for every car I drive by at least %100 so -3200 would be -7000 because the wheel is so damn powerful. Everyone needs to get familiar with how to adjust realfeel for every car as the first thing you do.

Damn straight Stephen. I have a Bodnar DD Wheel and I need to reduce Realfeel settings for every car I drive by at least %100 so -3200 would be -7000 because the wheel is so damn powerful. Everyone needs to get familiar with how to adjust realfeel for every car as the first thing you do.
I don't think I agree with this reasoning. My understanding of how realfeel works and the whole max force at steering rack concept was that it was about how the suspension in a given car behaves instead of it being just about tailoring it to your wheel, some tweaks here and there aside.

I seem to remember some people using telemetry to adjust realfeel for mods that don't come with a setting or have a poor setting meaning its far more objective than simply ball parking it. I don't think the setting is about the overall strength of the output though, and that should be adjusted elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Niels didn't change his realfeel when he did a max power demonstration of his Bodnar wheel in one of his talk and drives.

Hmmmmmm. It's all about clipping and you want to reduce the strength if your wheel clips. Remember the Realfeel settings for Automobilista are set to clip as not everyone has a DD wheel. If the settings are set to clip then that means for me at least that you cant even turn the wheel....undrivable when you have a 26nm wheel. Fine for the G27s etc. And as for adjusting strength its advisable to just set your wheel to %100 in game and adjust strength via Reelfeel. Maybe Niels can advise on this!

Okay that makes some sense. I still think that changing it by 100% is excessive since apparently the Realfeel is set only to clip at 20-30% because of lower strength wheels. There is an ideal number based on the suspension's behavior that can be objectively derived apparently and changes away from this are intended to cope with lower strength wheels feeling too light, meaning that if you have a DD wheel the right number should be objective and the ones who are looking for a subjective number are the people with crummy wheels.

Once with that ideal number plugged in clipping is gone and if the wheel is still too strong then shouldn't that be adjusted with the FFB slider or in whatever hardware level control there is for your comfort instead of further adjusting RealFeel?

Getting a little confused with the subjective objective stuff. There is either clipping or no clipping. If you prefer clipping then thats your problem if you like not feeling anything through your wheel. I do remember Niels mentioning that the way he sets his wheel is %100 ingame and adjust realfeel to suit. There are even hot keys to make this able to be done on the fly to make it easier. Don't get too hung up on the correct realfeel values. Can you explain more why you think this is wrong?

If you prefer clipping then thats your problem if you like not feeling anything through your wheel.
You are confused why they would have clipping at all by design in the RealFeel setting. Its to create a stronger overall feeling in the wheel because the range of force would with the crappier hardware if set to the ideal setting lead to a very very light wheel and already the FFB with AMS is lighter than most sims seem to create and people often complain about that when coming from other sims.

As for the point of an objectively correct Max force at steering rack number, lets reference Renato over at the Reiza forums -

I´m not the resident Realfeel expert but I´m fairly sure if you set MaxForceAtSteeringRack to a higher value than the actual peak on that given car, forces will indeed become weaker or "dilluted"; if you set it to a lower value than the actual peak, it will scale your wheel FFB strength (which is a combination of your controller & in-game setting) to peak at that MaxForceAtSteeringRack value, clipping anything beyond it (in case the car is capable of pulling higher forces on the steering rack than what you´ve set it to).

As per the previous reference, our default values clip 20-30% of the forces, otherwise weaker wheels would feel very light under lower steering forces. Users with stronger wheels may want to reduce or eliminate that by increasing MaxForceAtSteeringRack.

This would seem to indicate that eliminating clipping should start with finding the peak force at the steering rack and setting it as the max in the realfeelplugin.ini then tailoring the FFB strength with the slider to match the wheel's output capability.

If you don't care about objective numbers and are willing to live with losing some detail by diluting the output then tweaking by feel is obviously fine, but that's not to say there isn't an objective way to go about it.

Hmmm I think you missed the last bit in Renatos' sentence there as he seems to say what I just said by adjusting realfeel like I mentioned..."Users with stronger wheels may want to reduce or eliminate that by increasing MaxForceAtSteeringRack"

I didn't miss anything because his final statement is summing up what he said before. The RealFeel plugin operates on the principle of force at the steering rack and since the force peaks for a given suspension and car the ideal setting should be easily obtainable. Alteration to create clipping up to 20-30% of forces is done to make the wheel heavier for people with weaker wheels.

This means that removing this clipping would be restoring the wheel to its ideal number. Going too far the other way is the inverse of clipping. Clipping happens on one side of the ideal number and diluting the forces to be weaker as Renato referred to it occurs on the other side of the ideal number. He clearly says there is a correct number and only suggests its deviated from to account for low force wheels.

Ok im going to try that. So the correct realfeel setting would be to reduce the default setting by %30 and then ruduce the Wheel profile from the current setting of %100 to whatever it needs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back