Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_s4.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Corvette 74 (#850)
Track: Snetterton 64 (download) / Warwick Farm (download)
Weather: 15.00 in-game time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skin only

I figured when watching you race at snetterton and heared the separate downshifts. Why do you use the stick in sequential mode? To me, it's much easier to keep track of which gear I am in and I can go straight from 4th to 2ed or 1st gear ;)

• Matt Crouch

yes you can use H-shift and auto clutch. I'm a loser though who uses paddles ;). To me shifting straight down from 5th to 2nd isn't so much of an advantage in GTL because engine braking is much more dangerous than it is in evo etc.
And first gear in most of the cars is lethal :D

Never had a problem keeping track of gears but that probably comes from years of using a controller.

I reckon I'm the only person who still uses a controller for GTL, but really £200 for G25 won't impress my bank manager and i don't really have the space.

A nice £10 Logitech controller does fine for me. To be honest, I spent years playing Gran Turismo on the PS2 so a controller is second nature to me.

• Bert Van Waes

I use the H shifter and clutch. Loved the ferrari (HGP S3) spinning through gears while braking. One gear at the time though!!! always. Otherwise you'll just lock up if yr not careful or completely disturbed because forgotten in wich gear you are.

The ferrari hadn't display the gear in the car and i wanted to keep the realistic feeling as hard core as it was. So i needed to use H anyway. Didn't fell slower then the rest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back