Cortina vs Mini Challenge @ Warwick Farm - 29th June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
The FWD vs RWD battle resumes again at RaceDepartment.
Another GTL event, this time lets make it a challenge match. Which was superior in the classic cars? The quick and lively Lotus Cortina, or the nimble handling Mini Cooper S?
A little while ago, Andy planned a race at Warwick Farm, a classic Aussie raceway that has since been closed. It is new to GTL but is a very scenic and well made track. Many of you got a chance to try it before the event was changed, and requested we schedule an event there.
So here it is. The track is tight and suits the smaller cars so we will run TC-65's, but let's make a challenge match out of it.

The two most popular cars racing at Warwick Farm back then were Lotus Cortina's and Mini's.

racingcortina4400cd0.jpg

Cortina vs Mini Challenge

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Sunday 29th of June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Lotus Cortina, Austin Cooper S
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Warwick Farm (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
Race: 20:30, 28 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: No compulsory pitstops
In-game start time: 1100

Which team do you want to drive for, RWD Cortina or FWD Mini. Please sign up for your favourite team below.
***Please note: We want an equal number of each car if possible, so try to keep the numbers similar.

Signups

Cortina

1 Simon Bacon
2 Dave Gardner
3 Traumatic
4 Gaynall Hudgins
5 Leeroy998

Mini

1 Warren Dawes
2 Andy Marsden
3 Hans Sneep
4 David Cuthill
5 Broxman
6 Boss X

Reserves

Sign me up

Flattop
Mini

I am getting a little confused here @ RD, I spotted what I thought was only one race on Sunday nights (Aus time), Race07 and have signed up for it, but now I find this GTL race, (earlier too may get both in), am I confused or is this 'so far, so good"?

Yep we probably have confused you, but look closely at the times. :D

This GTL Event is scheduled to suit our normal European timezones, actually 5.30AM Monday (Oz time) for Practice. Most of our events are directed to Euro timezones, but we have started the Oceania Group to cater to our Oz timezone.

We tricked you by having this particular GTL event on an Aussie track, maybe??:)

All of our races here are scheduled using GMT to avoid any problems with timezone and Daylight Saving Time issues.

So in the Aussie world, the Oceania Event is Sunday night, and this GTL event is Monday morning. Clear as mud??

Do you still wish to sign up for this one, are you insane like me and prepared to race in the wee hours of the morning?

• Andy Marsden

Well i'm confirmed for this event, managed to sort the problem i've been having with some add-on tracks! Turned my Shadows setting down to medium and thats fixed it!
See you all on Sunday! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 92 9.6%
  • < 4 years