F1 2014 Corrupted Savegame

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
This is where the Steam Cloud is useless, assuming that you have it switched on. It's on by default.

You close the game and at this point the game save probably got corrupted. Steam then uploads your game profile to the Steam Cloud, but it's just uploaded a corrupted profile.

Of course there is always the possibility that your profile got corrupted on loading, and the Steam Cloud has a good copy of your profile. You could try deleting your game profile folder, in the hope that when you start the game, Steam 'notices' the missing files (it warns you about the file mismatch), and recovers your profile from the cloud ....... but don't hold your breath.

Your profile is stored here :-

YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\226580

xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number
226580 is the Steam application number for F1 2014.

If it doesn't work, then that's it, it's broken and you have to start the game again with a new profile.

This whole series (F1 20xx) has been plagued by corrupted game saves, it's a well known 'feature' of the game. Players MUST backup the profile folder every time they play the game, and keep those copies, not just one copy. This means that if the last save was corrupted, you can work your way back through the backups until it's fixed (usually it's just one save or one grand prix lost).

You can manually back it up, by just copying and pasting the above folder to somewhere safe. You can create or get (online) a vbs script to do it for you, and the script can be run via the Windows task scheduler. Alternatively you can use Game Save Manager to do this.

Game Save Manager doesn't not officially support this game yet, but it does support all the previous games in the series. It usually doesn't take long for them to add support. You can very easily create your own F1 2014 Game Save Manager backup profile, you just have to read their tutorial, and point GSM at the folder in bold text printed above.

As of November 7th, GameSave Manager supports F1 2014 - Tutorial Here

You can set GSM to run a backup every day, and if the contents of the F1 2014 Steam profile folder has changed since the last backup, it makes a new (time/date stamped) backup. That's what I do anyway ......... Here are mine stored safely away, after a period I delete some old ones, but they are tiny anyway :-

GSM-2014.jpg

Read my sticky for more details :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ported-wheels-controllers.93393/#post-1821915

Cheers :)

Last edited:
This is where the Steam Cloud is useless, assuming that you have it switched on. It's on by default.

You close the game and at this point the game save probably got corrupted. Steam then uploads your game profile to the Steam Cloud, but it's just uploaded a corrupted profile.

Of course there is always the possibility that your profile got corrupted on loading, and the Steam Cloud has a good copy of your profile. You could try deleting your game profile folder, in the hope that when you start the game, Steam 'notices' the missing files (it warns you about the file mismatch), and recovers your profile from the cloud ....... but don't hold your breath.

Your profile is stored here :-

YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\226580

xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number
226580 is the Steam application number for F1 2014.

If it doesn't work, then that's it, it's broken and you have to start the game again with a new profile.

This whole series (F1 20xx) has been plagued by corrupted game saves, it's a well known 'feature' of the game. Players MUST backup the profile folder every time they play the game, and keep those copies, not just one copy. This means that if the last save was corrupted, you can work your way back through the backups until it's fixed (usually it's just one save or one grand prix lost).

You can manually back it up, by just copying and pasting the above folder to somewhere safe. You can create or get (online) a vbs script to do it for you, and the script can be run via the Windows task scheduler. Alternatively you can use Game Save Manager to do this.

Game Save Manager doesn't not officially support this game yet, but it does support all the previous games in the series. It usually doesn't take long for them to add support. You can very easily create your own F1 2014 Game Save Manager backup profile, you just have to read their tutorial, and point GSM at the folder in bold text printed above.

You can set GSM to run a backup every day, and if the contents of the F1 2014 Steam profile folder has changed since the last backup, it makes a new (time/date stamped) backup. That's what I do anyway ......... Here are mine stored safely away, after a period I delete some old ones, but they are tiny anyway :-

View attachment 68346

Read my sticky for more details :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ported-wheels-controllers.93393/#post-1821915

Cheers :)

Thank you!

I finished the race in Spa (carrer). I closed the game and now I just restarted the game but my savegame are corrupted. Any fix?

I have had Save Game Corrupted error message on loading the game, on Xbox360. This means having to start a new saved game file, losing all career progress (including season challenge) and all ghost car data (more on this for xbox360 users in my final paragraph). To my knowledge, at least one other Xbox360 user has had the same problem. It seems to be a problem occuring quite frequently in Codemasters racing games.

Hard to guess what caused the glitch, but I had started practice in career at Singapore. All assists were off and I was having a bit of difficulty with the line on one section so temporarily switched on the racing line assist. Switched it off again after. I noticed the saving whirl appeared each time. Exited the game in the usual manner. Next loading, save game corrupted error. Might have been something else I did, of course.

Slightly irritating for me as I was 75% into an interesting full career season. Judging by CM's response times to fix bugs, I decided to start a new save game, but this time launch a short career season just in case the bug appears again.

For Xbox360 users in particular, I found that after starting a new save game, the ghost cars save file was useless. Even if you set a new faster lap time in TT, the next time you go to the circuit you will see your old fastest lap time, even though your new lap time is on the leader board. Deleting the ghost data file from the console fixed this. I would recommend doing that before you go into TT if you have had to start a new save game due to corrupt save game.

Last edited:
Is there any possible fix which I can perform. My game got corrupted at the last race @ abu Dhabhi got a contract from Ferrari...:-( .. All is lost? I managed to recover the profile before the game deleted it. Any Ideas?

If you haven't got backups, and the save is corrupted, there is nothing you can do.

If you are on Windows 8 and probably Window 7 too, you might have a backup of your 'File History' for the profile folder. (See my sticky above to see where the profile folder is stored in Steam.)

You would need a few backups in your file history, and one dated earlier than the day you did your Abu Dhabi race.

The chance of you having spare copies of that folder, are pretty remote. Google Windows 8 (or 7) file history ....

In my experience saves corruption mostly seems to occur when you exit the game too quickly (barring any PC hardware issues of course), i.e. exiting while the autosaving icon is still present and rotating top left of the screen.

Hope you can get your profile back, but maybe keep this in mind for the future.

In my experience saves corruption mostly seems to occur when you exit the game too quickly (barring any PC hardware issues of course), i.e. exiting while the autosaving icon is still present and rotating top left of the screen.

Hope you can get your profile back, but maybe keep this in mind for the future.
No. I have exited the game while it had autosaving icon and I've never experienced corrupt profile, but my PC restarted itself whit blue screen and dumping physical memory. That caused the corrupt save

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%