Corner cutting Corner

Luciano Santos Filho

75RPM
Original poster
Jul 31, 2017
Hi all,

Is there a way to change how many warnings we get for corner cutting before getting a stop and go penalty? Planning some offline endurance and the default value seems too rigorous for that.

Thanks in advance.

Ace King

500RPM
Oct 4, 2009
Simply change "Flag Rules" to either "None" or "Full w/o DQ". You will still receive notifications to serve your Drive-Thru Penalty but you can simply ignore it as it won't affect your final Race Results.

Note: The AI will still continue the best they can to follow proper track cutting rules even if you don't.

Last edited:

Luciano Santos Filho

75RPM
Original poster
Jul 31, 2017
If I set it to "None" I don't get the warnings. "Full w/o DQ" gives me warnings, penalties but I may ignore... not ideal but I guess it will do, thanks Ace King.

RasmusP

6000RPM
Premium
Oct 7, 2016
With flags w/o DQ you'll receive a time penalty to your results if I remember my testing with it correctly. Not sure how much it is but for a 5 laps race around Silverstone international it were 40 seconds! Might be always around 40s per not served penalty or vary from track to track etc. No clue but I thought it would be viable info for you :)

Ace King

500RPM
Oct 4, 2009
With flags w/o DQ you'll receive a time penalty to your results if I remember my testing with it correctly. Not sure how much it is but for a 5 laps race around Silverstone international it were 40 seconds! Might be always around 40s per not served penalty or vary from track to track etc. No clue but I thought it would be viable info for you :)
I again tested my recommendation to Luciano by ignoring my "Drive-Thru Penalty" at two different tracks and my final Race results were not affected using "Flags set to Full w/o DQ".

If you got the time for testing then a more proper method would be to experiment with the "Cut-Track" settings in the GDB file until you are satisfied with your results.

Last edited:
Reactions: RasmusP