F1 2012 Corner Cut penalty while entering pits in Abu Dhabi

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I have rec'd corner cut warnings while entering the pits in Abu Dhabi in Career and Quick race before, but i didn't think it would turn out to be a problem. For some reason, sometime the game will issue you a warning for corner cutting even though you are not cutting the corner, but simply entering the pit lane.
Tonight during a league race i broke my wing and rec'd a corner cut penalty while trying to get back to the pits... And upon entering the pits i rec'd another corner cut penalty when the game thought i was cutting the last corner.
In total i rec'd 3 of those bad penalties in the last stages of the race.

Sorry about the video quality, but my camera doesn't record the night races so well.

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...t-Abu-Dhabi/m-p/148670/highlight/false#M36427

It's a CodeMasters game, we should expect this as part of the game lol :p
Edit:

Just watched the video, It's probably because you rode the curb so much on the entrance to the pits... Try to avoid touching the curb so much mate :)

It's a CodeMasters game, we should expect this as part of the game lol :p
Edit:

Just watched the video, It's probably because you rode the curb so much on the entrance to the pits... Try to avoid touching the curb so much mate :)

I know very well what you mean about "it's a code masters game" ;)

still, riding in on the kerb shouldn't cause this warning/penalty to be issued when you are entering the pits. There are so many places on other circuits where the penalties should be tighter, Ascari in Monza and WOC chicane in Montreal are a couple examples...

It's very poor coding from code masters.......

I think we will have to run out league race in reduced rules due to this bug... just like we will have to run reduced rules in Suzuka for the Pit Exit bug. Have you seen that one?

We're still running reduced rules in the Club races Karl and no one has complained about silly penalties, you've seen my Monaco video it was just ridiculous.

Singapore is another dodgy track. I remember picking up 2 penalties on one lap, I had no front wing and had to serve the penalty with out fixing my front wing, but i couldn't exit the pit without crossing the white line, I had so much understeer. So still had another x2 penalties to serve :mad:

The pit exit in Singapore is very hard to get right even with a front wing! i can't imagine trying to do it without one.The pit exit white line penalty is one thing that goes away when running reduced rules, but it also encourages lazy driving.... some people just don't bother abiding by that rule if there are no consequences :(

Singapore doesn't seem to be as bad in 2012 as it was in 2011. I remember getting penalties for reversing in some of the run off areas in Singapore in 2011 ... that doesn't seem to be a problem in 2012

I'm going to run my career race tonight with reduced rules in Abu Dhabi and see if i can replicate what happened to me last night. If no penalties are given for the same situation then i think the league race would be best run under reduced rules for abu dhabi. If i receive the same penalties for the same actions while running reduced then there is nothing we will be able to do about the bug. All we could do is make people aware of it and hope no one gets caught in a situation where they receive a corner cutting penalty.....

:( it didn't make a difference.
I purposely cut corners in orderto get a penalty. It did take quite a few corners to finally get one though. I cut another corner right away to see if i would get another, and i did. So with two consecutive corner cut penalties tallied i headed for the pits, and upon entering the pits i rec'd a third penalty for corner cutting.

:( it didn't make a difference.
I purposely cut corners in orderto get a penalty. It did take quite a few corners to finally get one though. I cut another corner right away to see if i would get another, and i did. So with two consecutive corner cut penalties tallied i headed for the pits, and upon entering the pits i rec'd a third penalty for corner cutting.
Did you put any tyres beyond the kerb?

Well i was just testing to see if you would still incur a corner cut penalty for entering the pits by changing the rules to reduce instead of realistic. There is a bug at pit entry that give you a corner cut warning when you enter (sometimes). And if you already have a penalty it gives you another one when you enter the pits. The situation is the same whether the rules are set to realistic or reduced.... just the penalty is either drive through or time added.

I think we'll have to run the league race with reduced... otherwise people may continue to receive penalty after penalty while trying to drive through the pits.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back