Copying the FFB from one car to another?

Hey!

There are some cars with amazing FFB in Automobilista, but others feel very bland as if there's only a centering force.

Am I able to copy, say, the FFB from the Porsche 911 Cup to the ECC cars?

Thanks!

I guess we're both wrong, then. At least I'm ready to admit my response wasn't called for, but I had a reason. You see, it's not the first time someone tries to screw with me (and I'm not saying that was your intention), so when someone said to copy a file and that it would yeld a new FFB, but then I discovered that it actually changes the physics of the car, I imediately assumed you were just another (insert insult) trying to mess with me. All because you knew what the file did, and because didn't tell me.

So while my response wasn't the best, you could have been more clear about your intentions from the get-go. You could have said what the file does and could have stated we were experimenting. But, more specifically, you could have been more clear about the "party pooper" post.
I would have been more than OK with experimenting if your intentions were clear from the beginning. You cannot expect a regular user to pick up on these things, specially since the regular user in question had to dig up that your info was wrong and that it completely changed the cars' behavior. Anyone not used to messing with the sim would assume you had bad intentions, specially after the "party pooper" post.

In the end, I think it was just bad communication from both of us.

Ok cool, I will admit, I did re read what I wrote to you initially - and YES - you are right the wording was clumsy. Basically what I meant was this...

1 - you are unhappy with the car FFB.

2 - you found a car which you liked the FFB.

3 - use that file to copy and paste into the folder of the car you are unhappy with. Rename the FFB/pm file you like to the same name of the FFB/pm file you dislike.

4 - I assumed/hoped you would keep a back up as obviously this is a good idea and from what you said you did, so cool!

5 - I'm honestly not aware it would fundamentally change the handling of a car, more that it would change the information it relates back to you the driver. I am still not aware of it making an understeering car suddenly oversteer, just that it will give more or less information about what is going on with the road. For example I've got '87/88 F1 car mods running 2016 F1 suspension files just because I prefer the FFB on that file. I don't think it makes 1980s F1 cars behave like 2016 F1 cars - I may be wrong and just very dumb to the feeling the car is giving me(?) But I don't notice car handling changes, just information relayed to me.

6 - and yes, this conversation was a complete clusterf**k.

Hopefully you can see where I was coming from now. And apologies for the sloppy writing in the first reply, I think I was trying to walk the dog at the same time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back