Copa Petrobras de Marcas

I downloaded and tested. The instalation at first was a bit problematic. But once you execute the install and after that, the sync, all as Admin, it works ok.

Graphically Reiza quality, which is good.

Now the physics I was impressed. It does not drive like any of the Mods to GSCE.
It feels extremely authentic.

Those cars are front wheelers. So the tendency is the front tires overheat, and the rears stay cold. Thats why you feel the back end so loose at first. You have to adjust the driving style.

It is not like the WTCC Mods to rFactor in which all you get is extreme understeer. Those cars really feels like real life!

Is for free! Is small in size than the Endurance Series Mod, for instance. So only positives.

If indeed they come up with Multiplayer, that would be an excelent choice for a few series!

Last edited:
I finally got it to run by manually creating the rFm folder in the main game directory.
It's a fun little game...love the audio as well. Thanks Reiza and Petrobras.
The first few laps felt a bit strange on my T500RS, until I noticed it was not selected by default in the controller pane.
Once I did that and modified the setting by turning the steering sensitivity up on all associated sliders etc..it came alive.
I'm also running the AI at max difficulty and aggression. It makes for some good racing..even in single player.

Last edited:
Well, got my game working. Reinstalled, but cancelled the sync, and it all works smooth as a baby's arse. And it is really fun! Ran a race at Brasilia, another at Curitiba, and it's cracking stuff. Relatively easy to drive these cars, they feel great, I had some good wheel to wheel racing.

@Reiza Studios thank you (And to Petrobras)!

I hope Reiza wil fix the problems with the updater/updates as soon as possible.
(I could only get it to work without updating, Creating an rFm-folder/starting with Admin-rights didn´t work)

Also the Dedicated-Server.exe is there but crashes. C´mon Petrobas, invest a few $ more for a server to host online racing :cool:

Thank you Petrobas and Reiza! :)

Got no cars when I sync'd the game, so reinstalled and cancelled the Sync and all running fine.

Small bug with autoclutch/autogears:
Turned both on for a quick practice and couldn't leave pitbox.
Turned autoclutch off and then could drive, but on a standing start the car rolled backwards on the start line. Turned autoclutch back on and this time could leave the pits, but the car still rolls on the start line when I start the accelerator.

But once sorted, really great stuff! Graphics look great out of the bag, nice to not have to mess about with dll's etc. :) AI are fantastic too, some really good racing with them.
Love it.

Speaks very highly of Reiza that a company the size of Petrobas would ask them to do this.
Great work guys!

For people with problems sync:

Marcas_Sync.jpg

Go to options and choose then prefer main server.
Try it again.

For me it works.

Just finished downloading, installing and testing.
smile.gif
...there's good and bad stuff...

It seems there's a very large number of people getting errors/bugs after the installation and then running the game and, so, unable to use it.
For some of us it's the update that breaks the game. (no racecars show up, only the pacecar shows as the messenger of bad news... i.e, no way to propper use the game)

In my case, I did let the update continue (and had the mentioned problem).
Following some advice here, it seems the problems can be fixed by placing an empty folder called "rFm" in the main game folder, and running the game with admin rights.
I have no idea if this works for everybody, but it did the trick here for me.

If you have errors after updating the game, and this trick with the empty "rFm" folder does not work... there's still another way.
Uninstall the game first, then reinstall again but don't update files (cancel update when that application in the end of the installation comes up). Run the game with admin rights.
This should work for most, but there will be audio crackling issues (for some weird reason).

I know this is free stuff but, still think Reiza should be a little more thorough with their quality control:
  • The installation with that app starting update is a little confusing (IMO, it should be fully automatic, or non-exhisting at all)
  • The widespreaded problem with errors/bugs (cars not showing up after update) is quite unnerving, not sure how this passed for a release.
  • The user interface is "old hat" and not the most comprehensive, although it won't be complicated if you're familiar with ISI based sims.
  • The car engine sounds (same for the four cars) have some issues with the samples crossfades (unmatching pitches) that, while some will pass it as not too severe, are very noticeable and cringe-inducing (I can fix it, but few will have the knowledge or patience for it).

Other than these issues, the game is cool.
It looks, feels, sounds and runs pretty good. Worth the download and time spent around it.
thumbup.gif
(Thanks Reiza!)
Treat like a very good add-on mod, be open minded and, I guarantee, you'll feel that these cars and tracks are top of the pops (in my case, the unknown cars and tracks make for a very refreshing change).
It has a championship, so offline racers can be entertained for a good while.
There's even skin templates for the cars, driver and helmet, available on the website's downloads section, if you feel inclined for such things.
It's just a shame that it does not have online, I think it would have been phenomenal....
sad.gif
*sigh*

I totally agree that sounds are the weakest part of reiza's work in generall. But at least its quite easy to find some screaming inline 4 replacement sounds. Who knows maybe i replaced them already with some power & glory ones :)

Game downloaded in plays fine on my system. There is an issue with Win 8.1 and on their FB page they said they will fix it at the first update.
There is no multiplayer, so maybe that's why the dedicated crashes? Sure they will add that as well.

Great big thanks to Reiza for making this happen, it's such a fine gift to get out of nowhere. Very fine job.

I am not a FWD guy by any means, but I must say that these cars are some of the best FWD cars I've ever driven in a sim. The engine sounds actually create a lot of excitement, even though the cars aren't crazy exciting to race. All in all Reiza did a fine job with this.

Well, got my game working. Reinstalled, but cancelled the sync, and it all works smooth as a baby's arse. And it is really fun! Ran a race at Brasilia, another at Curitiba, and it's cracking stuff. Relatively easy to drive these cars, they feel great, I had some good wheel to wheel racing.

@Reiza Studios thank you (And to Petrobras)!
Exactly this fixed it for me :thumbsup: Cars show up now no problem :thumbsup::)

I just wanted to give a quick 'first impressions' on graphics optimisations and feel of GPdM.

Due to better optimisation, or some other factor(s) I have much better frame rate in this game compared to GSCE v1.15 on same system. I can turn settings up from Low > Med, / Med > High / > Full for some settings, and add one more level of AA up to level 2 (anything above level 3 seems to make no difference on my graphics card but has massive impact (AA sometimes a placebo at best for some gamers) with x8 or x16 anisotropic with a full grid of cars. x8 AF looks just the same as x16 when driving, so why bother.....

The graphics are optimised much better (for me) than GSCE v.1.21 in comparison. On the same settings I use in GSCE v1.15, I can actually turn the texture detail, track detail, a.i and player level, shadows and special effects up. ( I can't use GSCE v.1.21 because the constant stuttering at any settings and graphic level [except unofficial mods] due to the (IMO) pointless sky box changes, which at best I never look at anyway, I'm still annoyed at that tbh). I say this but the skies in this game are nice, very little clouds, nice hues of yellow, orange, some purple and violet too near sunset.

The look of the tracks are really vibrant, and track-side trees look better as do the garages (nice colours!). The skies have less clouds which i prefer (no clouds best, wish we could turn them off, clear skies better on the brain when simulating movement IMO).

I use 'time % x2' so I get nice dusk / night settings mid-way through to the end of a 35 lap race starting at 2.30 P.M, or starting at 3:30 -5 A.M and driving through dawn into a crisp clear morning is also really nice (try it!). The lighting I turned down in the .plr file (the same as GSCE from 256 to 20). Track load times are ~ 20 secs approx, same as GSCE/FT basically.

The music and presentation are some of the best in any sim game. The colour co-ordination is really nice, sleek, modern, with simmin' vibes from the music, great theme tune, nice track loading screens. The buzz I get when I hear the music for GSCE, which gives me vivid images of the V8 beasts like steam trains in the night.....is a very important aspect for building anticipation for the racing for me. In this game, the music suits the cars and kind of infers a notion of slower but energetic, more 'sleek' racing.

I do wish we could set FoV in-game to get it inch perfect; having to leave testing/back into menus, change, load, repeat.....it's a minor annoyance but an important gaming immersion factor. I can do this in replays with the GSCE modded u.i, why not in game?

It is hard to see the odometer in some of the cars (Toyota), AND see near level with the dash/bonnet at the same time; moving the seat backwards makes it so you are too far back, just to see the odometer info (limiter/position/lap/fuel etc), The hud is the same as GSCE/FT. Could do with some transparency settings on the HUD's though.

I am using 60 % fov. in 1680 x 945 resolution which seems to be better, but I am tweaking as I go.

Also, the cars need a lot of tweaking from default set ups. Pre-load, coast and power for a start needs changing quite a bit, digital steering setting in the 'controls no 2 window' down to 12-15 %, and the steering lock in G1 up to 20-22, seems to drive nicer - also breaking power up, some break balance to suit tracks a must, rebounds needs tweaking up or down to suit your driving style.

Thank you to Reiza and Petrobras for the free game, makes up for not being able to play v1.21 GSCE due to the sky changes (considering I bought x3 copies). I hope once the development cycle is over we can have this and FT in one installation with GSCE Gold or something. Annoying having the tracks three times over, mods doubled up, HD space is not infinite. We need to reduce entropy not add to it !! :D

- R.

P.S, no rFm? I can't change Championship scene order or points?. This is a massive annoyance - albeit a 'gaming' one. Forgetting the game genre for a moment, games are about personal choice, particularly in sim racing off-line. As much as sim racers would have you believe, it is just a 'game'. Unlock it from the EXE please.

P.P.S I really dislike Interlagos with that 'chicane'. Just NO NO NO to that. It is just as bad as that monstrosity at Imola that Villeneuve helped design :D. Grrrr ***

** Had to have a little moan, it's sunday and I have multitude of mundane chores (don't have kids), I'd normally blame the dog, but ya know....

I finally got it to run by manually creating the rFm folder in the main game directory.
It's a fun little game...love the audio as well.
I will caution you though to turn the steering sensitivity up on all associated sliders. I'm also running the AI at max. Makes for good racing.
Do I just Create a folder named rFm? How do I manually create it?

Tried downloading several more time and it keeps failing to install saying file corrupt, however they are exactly the same file length.

I went back to the best install that gave corrupt textures when loading track but ran the synch tool and ticked prefer main server as Franklin suggests this worked thanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%