Copa Petrobras de Marcas

Once again, fantastic job Reiza, thank you so much for the free download. A real treat to drive :)

Installation ran smoothly, but there is a problem with the files that the sync prog downloads. As mentioned, as soon as the sync downloads new files, the cars disappear in the menu. Put the original marcas.exe and marcas Dedicated back and it is fine.

Thanks again

EDIT:
Have only driven the Focus so far - wow, it is phenomenal handling, great fun, feels real.
Sounds are excellent too.
(How about letting us know the secret to open the rest of the Reiza tracks, aww go on :) )?

Last edited:
Hmm, no cars to select. Any idea?
9b2c1eceac78273b557fce37cf64c24c.jpg

You actually have to run the circuit. Or roller skate

I have had no issues outside of my AV going nuts at almost every EXE it encountered. I would deactivate your AV, run as admin, install at the top level of your drive (C or D or whatever, some of Reiza's games don't like to be in subdirectories) and finally make sure the cars are in the gamedata folder. Looks to me like installation was interrupted. Probably by the AV.

after install and sync (all 3) finished i start the game and get error CRASH FILE and that was the game
for free to good to be thrue ;)

have 16GB ram hd 7970Video 64bit syst and game say i do not fullfill the minimum requirements lol

Last edited:
Just finished downloading, installing and testing.
smile.gif
...there's good and bad stuff...

It seems there's a very large number of people getting errors/bugs after the installation and then running the game and, so, unable to use it.
For some of us it's the update that breaks the game. (no racecars show up, only the pacecar shows as the messenger of bad news... i.e, no way to propper use the game)

In my case, I did let the update continue (and had the mentioned problem).
Following some advice here, it seems the problems can be fixed by placing an empty folder called "rFm" in the main game folder, and running the game with admin rights.
I have no idea if this works for everybody, but it did the trick here for me.

If you have errors after updating the game, and this trick with the empty "rFm" folder does not work... there's still another way.
Uninstall the game first, then reinstall again but don't update files (cancel update when that application in the end of the installation comes up). Run the game with admin rights.
This should work for most, but there will be audio crackling issues (for some weird reason).

I know this is free stuff but, still think Reiza should be a little more thorough with their quality control:
  • The installation with that app starting update is a little confusing (IMO, it should be fully automatic, or non-exhisting at all)
  • The widespreaded problem with errors/bugs (cars not showing up after update) is quite unnerving, not sure how this passed for a release.
  • The user interface is "old hat" and not the most comprehensive, although it won't be complicated if you're familiar with ISI based sims.
  • The car engine sounds (same for the four cars) have some issues with the samples crossfades (unmatching pitches) that, while some will pass it as not too severe, are very noticeable and cringe-inducing (I can fix it, but few will have the knowledge or patience for it).

Other than these issues, the game is cool.
It looks, feels, sounds and runs pretty good. Worth the download and time spent around it.
thumbup.gif
(Thanks Reiza!)
Treat like a very good add-on mod, be open minded and, I guarantee, you'll feel that these cars and tracks are top of the pops (in my case, the unknown cars and tracks make for a very refreshing change).
It has a championship, so offline racers can be entertained for a good while.
There's even skin templates for the cars, driver and helmet, available on the website's downloads section, if you feel inclined for such things.
It's just a shame that it does not have online, I think it would have been phenomenal....
sad.gif
*sigh*

Last edited:
Thanks Davy
I have downloaded both those files, Ive launched the setup exe. which works than i get asked to insert the disk or select the second file from my computer which i do but always says the file can not be found?
the Marcas_v101_setup.bin file is in my download section and my computer has defaulted to open it in notepad could that be the issue?
Sorry not so good with computers....Also using win 8.1

you have to rename the Marcas_V101_setup-1.bin file to Marcas_v101_Setup-1-1.bin

Thanks for the release of this "Copa Petrobras de Marcas", Reiza team.
I also had a small problem with the installation, but "Cancelling the sync" worked for me (thanks to Jorn). And thanks for all the information everyone here. :)

I first knew this project on YouTube (Reiza Studios official channel) in September last year and have been waiting for over a year. Really fantastic work as always and worth the wait for me.
Reiza Studios introduced a lot of great Brazilian racing series to me/us, and "Brasileiro de Marcas" will be one of my favorites, too. I'd like to learn about this series and enjoy this sim to the full.
Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:
I fixed the no cars issue by opening up sync, clicking the options and changing the options for Connection Type to Http - I had to play around with this setting on previous GSC versions, as I think files were being corrupted the other ways. I did tick Prefer Main Server, Force Checksums and Verify Files After Sync as well.

The executable also suffers from the same processor affinity bug as some of the GSC2013 versions - it is just set to run on the first processor core. Run the game, go into the Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, find Marcas.exe and right-click it, choose Set Affinity, and you'll probably see only one core is ticked. Tick <All Processors> and if you were having any frame rate issues, hopefully that will help. You have to do this each time you launch the game - there is a tool that will change this but I can't remember what it is.

Last edited:
First attempt corrupt download.
Second attempt it installs and I close the synch Tool, cars show up but game crashes instantly with missing textures.
Third attempt I made the rFm folder but no difference.
Fourth attempt I ran the sync tool and cars failed to show, still had rFm folder present.
Fifth attempt reinstalled and stopped synch tool as soon as it shows up, cars showed up again and now the game starts to load the track but when it's almost loaded it crashes again with more missing textures.

I found a pretty concerning bug in the game. Anytime I try to finish practice session and go on to the next session the game hangs. I have to force quit. In fact, I have been unable to do a race against the AI yet as I have not been able to go past the practice session.

I have not done a full 1hh session, so I don't know if it works in auto mode (if there is such a thing) but this has happened to me 3 times now.

EDIT: I have just tried starting a session without a practice and the game freezes at the moment the track has finished loading. I should say the moment the yellow strip is done, nothing happens and I have to ctrl-alt-delete. I can also see there are 2 windows open, one probably an error message, but I can't see what it says. It freezes my alt-tab

EDIT2: Never mind. I mistakenly botched the PLR file. I did a diff with a newly created profile and found the error.

Last edited:
Stick with it if you are having problems downloading or updating this new sim as its worth it once you get it up and running. Its amazing what the team at Reiza can do with the old rFactor engine and at the price of nothing as well, Thanks.

Jason.

First attempt corrupt download.
Second attempt it installs and I close the synch Tool, cars show up but game crashes instantly with missing textures.
Third attempt I made the rFm folder but no difference.
Fourth attempt I ran the sync tool and cars failed to show, still had rFm folder present.
Fifth attempt reinstalled and stopped synch tool as soon as it shows up, cars showed up again and now the game starts to load the track but when it's almost loaded it crashes again with more missing textures.

I'm having a similar problem as I'm re-downloading GSCE.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back