Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Was my first ever AMS2 event, so I didnt know what to expect.
Had a decent Q1, and a pretty uneventful Race 1. Unfortunately, after Lap 2 or 3, my FPS went down quite a bit (or at least it felt like it, the Geforce Overlay doesnt work for me in AMS2 for some reason). But since I was pretty clear of everyone (5 seconds gap to the guys infront and behind), I decided to push on.
Had much better frames and a much better lap in Q2, but unfortunately AMS crashed before the start of the 2nd race :(

Was a fun combo though, thx Goffik for hosting!

No idea what happened in the first race. The car felt somehow different in the race than it did in practice (despite practicing in race trim), and I lost it 2-3 times and went down to last. Never felt that comfortable.

But race two was amazing, though bloody hard work! Perhaps it's a good thing that I had a relatively "relaxing" first race! I knew you were at least a second faster than me over a single lap @Dan ONeill, so it was all about defending the getting good exits. I was bloody knackered by the end and had visions of you passing me on the last lap. :p Really great fun, cheers mate. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, for some reason AMS2 decides to drastically change my steering angle when I a) change the setup or b) tab in and out of the game. So after activating crew chief just before the first race and tabbing back in, I startet with around 1000 degrees of steering instead of, I don't know, 450° or so. Really shitty to drive and eventually I came into a slide and could not save it like that. Race1 done with.
Left the game and rejoined just before Race2, did not change anything on the setup - and the steering worked again as it used to. Started on P3, then got bumped from the inside on corner one and pushed off the track on corner 2 - last place, car feeling weird. Raced on, but could not manage to find any decent pace any more. Not a super awesome evening, all things considered.

However, I loved the cars and the track with that huge elevation and fantastic view - thanks to Goffik for that combination.

But race two was amazing, though bloody hard work! Perhaps it's a good thing that I had a relatively "relaxing" first race! I knew you were at least a second faster than me over a single lap @Dan ONeill, so it was all about defending the getting good exits. I was bloody knackered by the end and had visions of you passing me on the last lap. :p Really great fun, cheers mate. :thumbsup:
Yeah I was sweating heaps, you had it covered where it mattered, the last corner, I just could not get a good exit. Maybe this was because I was running less rear wing so the fronts were “too good” and the rears just couldn’t keep up with the demand...
I did think about sending it at the top of the hill or the hairpin but that would have been a ban...:)

Copa Montana.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: Copa Montana
Track: Cascavel

Tuesday 15/09/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

Copa Montana - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik - (Forum name)
  2. Dan ONeill - (oneill592)
  3. alpebo - (Real name)
  4. Gordie Gunn - (Forum name)
  5. Kiraly - (Forum name)
  6. Balazs Floszmann - (NavyFlipperHUN)
  7. Mark E Taylor - (Sevenbelow7)
  8. Zimmer Man - (Forum name)
  9. Zsozsa - (Zsozsa74)
  10. Andrew Leach - (Real name)
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#16

Last edited:
Additional Information

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.

2) You must ensure that you have read and understood our Racing Club Rules before signing up. Ignorance is no excuse.

3) Do not click the Exit button at the end of qualifying. Just wait for the session to advance automatically.

4) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race. You must confirm you are ready before it ends or you will be automatically DQ'd.

5) If the event uses a two race format, you will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.

6) We strongly advice the use of Crew Chief, an app which gives you a spotter during races. This will provide audio cues when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing the frequency of unnecessary incidents.

This was my first online race in over 2 years. Used to do quite a few RD races. Only recently got back into sim racing, after my pedals failed and I didn't fix for a while, being busy with other stuff, then we bought a house and moved during lockdown here in Scotland. I now have a garage built into the house so invested in a Simlabs rig, and just got a Rift S on Monday. So yeah this was also only like my 5th try in VR too... was happy to be competitive having such a gap in sim racing. Qualified p3 in r1, messed up the start and got punted by someone. Was dead last, caught up and made up 5 places to finished 10th (I think). Race 2 started p5, made a great start this time and was p3 out of turn 1. guy in front spun, then Ross spun, lead for best part of 2 laps, but the guys behind had much better pace. I ended up battling for p5 but finished in p6. Good times.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%