Tracks Converting 60s tracks?

Hi, I'm looking to convert 1950/60s F1 tracks to AC and - with permission - release them for other retro F1 enthusiasts to enjoy. I want to start with Bremgarten from rFactor2.
Here's where I'm up to - I have converted the files from RF2 into fbx and loaded the track into KSEditor, the track loads up and the textures are present, all good so far.
Here's where I'm stuck - I save the kn5 file and make a track folder, plus the other sub folders (ai, data, UI) both the ai and data files I leave empty. I fire up AC but when I try to load the track it returns to menu. No doubt I'm missing a ton of important steps. Can you help me out please. Feel free to assume that I'm an idot and give me step by step instructions.
I'm a long time sim racer, back from the GPL days in 2001 and I would NEVER release anything without obtaining all proper permissions.
Thanks.

Great news :) I have never played rF but that track looks somehow familiar to me :O_o:

I hope you plan to convert and improve, not just simply convert. I think all AC tracks deserve a decent high-poly physics mesh (at the very least)

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Great news :) I have never played rF but that track looks somehow familiar to me :O_o:

I hope you plan to convert and improve, not just simply convert. I think all AC tracks deserve a decent high-poly physics mesh (at the very least)

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Sorry but I only have 3D SIM Ed and increasing the poly meshes is a bit beyond me.

I think we shall look and see, maybe it is a project to grow on
I'm suddenly having a big problem with 3Dsimed, when I try to save the KN5 file the editor hangs for ages then creates a kn5 file that is 5 times bigger than it was and doesn't load in game and doesn't load back into 3Dsimed either. I've tried older versions of 3Dsimed but no luck. I'm stuck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back