Convert mods from rF to AMS

Hi all and thanks for this great site.
I have read somewhere (unfortunately i do not remember where but i will look for it...) that there is a tool to convert mods (i mean cars "HE") from rF to AMS with almost one click ...

My question: if i import/convert f1 mods to AMS they will enjoy the great/better physics of AMS or it is mod's original physics so same physics of the original rF mod?

This tool will convert RF1 mods to AMS easily:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

You will also need to rename the .rfm file to .srs and possibly edit with notepad like any other Reiza .srs file. Use can use any of the ReizaXX.srs files for reference. Or you can skip this step and simply access your mod through the "All Cars & Tracks" option from the main screen of AMS once it is ported and in your game.

No, your mod will not have all of the updates that the AMS mods have. It will feel the same as the original mod. Using rftools is considered a 'quick port' method. You may also notice the RF1 quick ported mods may look more shiny in AMS as the RF1 shaders are a little different from AMS. Updating the shaders, models, physics is the magic that the more advanced modders can do to being mods up to "AMS standards". ;)

Last edited:
thank you very much for your answer ... so I will not have the Real Feel as good as in AMS but still the same Real Feel as in the original rFactor 1 mod ?
Or it will depend from the track ?
Sorry to ask but I am new to automobilista and do not know all the mechanics of rF1 and AMS ... just would like the F1 car mods of rF1 with the very good Real Feel of AMS ...

thank you very much for your answer ... so I will not have the Real Feel as good as in AMS but still the same Real Feel as in the original rFactor 1 mod ?
Or it will depend from the track ?
Sorry to ask but I am new to automobilista and do not know all the mechanics of rF1 and AMS ... just would like the F1 car mods of rF1 with the very good Real Feel of AMS ...

Almost every car and track worth converting has already been done by someone...might be easier to start with mods that already exist unless it's a very special, rare car from rF.

thank you santi_glza,
I am not expert in that, so may I ask you more details about the parameters/variables you are talking about ?
or where can I find more information about the that ?
thank you for your time

This tool will convert RF1 mods to AMS easily:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

You will also need to rename the .rfm file to .srs and possibly edit with notepad like any other Reiza .srs file. Use can use any of the ReizaXX.srs files for reference. Or you can skip this step and simply access your mod through the "All Cars & Tracks" option from the main screen of AMS once it is ported and in your game.

No, your mod will not have all of the updates that the AMS mods have. It will feel the same as the original mod. Using rftools is considered a 'quick port' method. You may also notice the RF1 quick ported mods may look more shiny in AMS as the RF1 shaders are a little different from AMS. Updating the shaders, models, physics is the magic that the more advanced modders can do to being mods up to "AMS standards". ;)

Hi I just converted two mod with rfactortools ... now would like to apply AMS improvements to it (physics, dirty wheels etc) ... is there a tutorial about that or useful link about "how-to" ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%