Conversion Tips for AMS

Usually you have to edit the alpha layer in the dds files for the cars/skins/drivers. RF1 needed a much brighter (almost white) alpha channel but in AMS you typically need it to be much darker. When I have moved any mods from RF1 to AMS I have had to edit every alpha channel in every single DDS file to help reduce the glare.

This is pretty much the color that (usually) works best for the alpha channel:
N7NNRpu.png

Hello,
Some weeks ago i tried to make a conversion via rfactortools to bring the BMW 320 E21 from DMatzies to AMS. I like this high revving Formula 2 engine in this small Car, feels different to the Turbo 320. In game the mod appears, all liveries are listed, but no car is displayed. Showroom shows me the available upgrades but there is no car to see. Any suggestions, what can i do?

Last edited:
Guys you might be able to help.

Trying to get some SRW tracks to work in AMS, I have them booting and drive able, everything looks great except for the fact that in cockpit view, they entire cockpit flickers and goes transparent as I am driving. It's unusable except for a quick test lap to see the track and I have quite a few of them that I''d like to add to the roster. Anyone else have something like this happen? I also have gotten the black sun bug which I have heard some solutions on here about too today and will test that out later tonight. I have all of Patrick's mega track pack working fine, it seems that only conversions from simraceway are giving me headaches.

Was about to give up but thought a quick post here might make them usable!

Edit: I have gotten ONE track to work, that's Mid Ohio, but it seems that when that gets modded into the directory, the name it comes under in the track menu is not with the others, it has it's own listing. The others always come under SRW sub heading and then the tracks are under that. Anything that goes in that sub folder seems to have issues. Also, checking the file structure there seems to be a MidOhiomaps.MAS file in the track directory, when all the others only have 'tracknamehere'.MAS and not another file with a maps name. Could this be missing from all of them? Just some inconsistencies I noticed to maybe help solve this.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back