Conversion Tips for AMS

Thank you Dann for quick reply, thought i had done this (Patrick's Monza Historic will transfer from SCE to AMS similar to most other SCE tracks by simply changing the 2 SCE lines into the 3 AMS lines.
Change this:
MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS
To this:
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuro.MAS)
but will try again, would be grateful for Monza 67 and that .GMT file.

Might be a dumb question but; Why do some GSC tracks in AMS not want to work with dynHUD (or at least my custom HUD anyway) unless you have the map off? Yeah, obviously its track map related, but what exactly is causing it and is it something you can "fix" rather than just work around by turning the map off?

Edit: It seems to be longer tracks.

Of the 200 or so tracks I have ported to AMS, I have about 5 tracks that have this issue. The AIW file is somehow incorrect with the default track before the conversion although I have tried for hours to figure it out and never have understood the problem. You can tell because if you copy and rename any working AIW file into the broken track, you can see that tracks map just fine.

Last edited:
Hi there

I have started to convert tracks (f1 1990 srm and some 1988) from Rfactor via Rfactortool, however when i ty to load a track in AMS i got Skyboy gmt. error message.

I have read i might use rfactorcrypt.py however if i try to run the app start and then immediately close.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you very much in Advance

Of the 200 or so tracks I have ported to AMS, I have about 5 tracks that have this issue. The AIW file is somehow incorrect with the default track before the conversion although I have tried for hours to figure it out and never have understood the problem. You can tell because if you copy and rename any working AIW file into the broken track, you can see that tracks map just fine.

Thanks for the insight. I definitely don't know up from down with a lot of this stuff but you narrowing down the problem made me think of another connection of the tracks that don't like maps; They don't have sectors as far as I can tell. Dunno if that helps.

i just want to say that the conversion of codie hockenheim looking so far best to the automobilista released...this track looks so cartonished! well if the guys of automobilista looks around..i think that they learn much of entusiastic modders.. just my two cents....:thumbsup:

Hi have SR_LeMans from GSCE great track running in AMS, but have black box with sun in sky have tried this What I did for a quick fix to get rid of the black box was to copy the commonmaps.mas file from GSC and put it in the folder of the track no more black box, ok for a quick fix. and still have black box is there another fix?

I have the VLM tracks in AMS without the black boxes. ;)
I am not exactly sure how to explain the fix though. It depends on the skyboxi for each track. The file that seems to matter most is: SRPL_SKY3_SUN1.GMT

Last edited:
Speed-
I think we all agree new mods would be nice however Patrick shows us that there is nothing wrong with conversions as even he uses RF1/SCE base tracks. I think the problem is that not many people know how to make a scratch mod or even know how to update an RF1 mod properly to AMS. The limited AMS modding details seem to be the biggest hurdle for the modding community.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%