Conversion Tips for AMS

I have a big white circle where the sun should be at Hockenheim, is this skybox related?
7I5urBJviAI

OK so for the record I agree with Bill 1000000% to download Patrick's version as it's the best and includes all of the AMS features. However, if you were actually needing the specific version linked above, the "conversion" would take about 8 seconds to get nice random cloudy AMS skies. In the LagunaSeca_GP.scn file

Change this:
MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyTropicalHaze.MAS
To this:
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

thanks guys! yes dann ive do it but..still appaers that error! and of course.. i play the patrick version..is awesome..but the version of the link posted is a conversion of SRW track..and i think that is more close to the real....however..i keep tryng!! cheers!!

thanks guys! yes dann ive do it but..still appaers that error! and of course.. i play the patrick version..is awesome..but the version of the link posted is a conversion of SRW track..and i think that is more close to the real....however..i keep tryng!! cheers!!

Patrick's tracks are awesome, but there are many more GSCE tracks that would be nice to bring forward since no one should still be playing GSCE now that we have AMS! ;) The one under discussion is one of them. Even if all features cannot be made available, it would be better than not having them for AMS.

I couldn't agree more with Marc. Thus I have a list of about 50 tracks that I have uploaded for AMS. We will never have any tools or guide to bring tracks to "AMS standards" due to the sad agreement to make the game not moddable (thanks ISI). So I am all for more content regardless if it is not perfect. I mean otherwise we only have Patrick who can give us proper tracks and that is not cool for him regardless of how much he likes it. I know Patriot and Neels have released some tracks and Heikki is working on it as well.
In the mean time I keep pushing any SCE tracks to AMS upon request to simply have more content. I run a league and we need more options and frankly no one really cares that much if the tracks aren't perfect.
My offer still stands to port any RF1/SCE track you guys want to AMS. If you are having troubles with the skies I can fix it for you. The tracks will not have AMS shaders or dynamic road yet...although I feel like I am close to figuring that out. :)

I couldn't agree more with Marc. Thus I have a list of about 50 tracks that I have uploaded for AMS. We will never have any tools or guide to bring tracks to "AMS standards" due to the sad agreement to make the game not moddable (thanks ISI). So I am all for more content regardless if it is not perfect. I mean otherwise we only have Patrick who can give us proper tracks and that is not cool for him regardless of how much he likes it. I know Patriot and Neels have released some tracks and Heikki is working on it as well.
In the mean time I keep pushing any SCE tracks to AMS upon request to simply have more content. I run a league and we need more options and frankly no one really cares that much if the tracks aren't perfect.
My offer still stands to port any RF1/SCE track you guys want to AMS. If you are having troubles with the skies I can fix it for you. The tracks will not have AMS shaders or dynamic road yet...although I feel like I am close to figuring that out. :)

Its easy to bring tracks from GSCE to AMS

But what patrick is doing is also put dirt pickup and grip different on the track.
Also he is putting rubber on the track.

Its a lot of work, but when you wanna drive without this its easy stuff.
My opinion is that the track must be convert correct, because it goes about feeling of the cars.

I think port rFactor tracks to AMS, without the new features is a bad idea. Everyone can convert every rF track to GSCE with Grumbel's tool and this type of conversion works on AMS. And for GSCE tracks same history. GSCE tracks (with GSCE Standars) works on AMS with a few tweaks.

ive do it but..still appaers that error!

You only need this:

http://downloads.xtremefactor.es/de...tutorial-para-usar-pistas-de-gsce-en-ams.html

I have all GSCE tracks with "GSCE Standars" from there working on AMS.

These type of conversions can be made by anyone in less than a minute, but is not good for AMS comunity publicly share. I think AMS deserves quality against quantity.

Of course, same for mods.

I think the priority should be building a bigger playerbase so it would be a very good thing if everyone still playing rF1/GSCE was able to come forward (with the content they love) to AMS which is a better platform in many ways. If that means some car/track conversions are made without adding AMS specific features then I am okay with that.

well i dont know if its the right site..but..what about mods convertions? its posible convert directly a mod from rfactor to automobilista? mods from GSC are easely convert editing the rfm to srs but in the case of rfactor mods..any idea? thanks in advance!!

i have a question, i know there are some cars converted from simraceway to game stock car extreme. they do work in Automobilista but everytime i try to convert cars myself from simraceway to automobilista it doesnt work. i use rfactortools by grumbel. if i do tracks it works fine using rfactortools. i only need to make the line changes in the scn files. do i need to do things different, or should i maybe getting them first to work on game stock car extreme? i want to convert some cars wich i find cool, so i can use them in automobilista, it is meant for private usage. maybe public reslease somewhere if i get it working well.

We will never have any tools or guide to bring tracks to "AMS standards" due to the sad agreement to make the game not moddable (thanks ISI).

It's pretty obvious why ISI did this, no? If you could easily import mods into AMS from rF1 and GSCE, who would ever use/play rFactor again? AMS is such a superior "edition" of rFactor, that it would be dead. Had rF2 actually been developed properly, this might not have been such a concern, but we know that history :(

Last edited:
I think the priority should be building a bigger playerbase so it would be a very good thing if everyone still playing rF1/GSCE was able to come forward (with the content they love) to AMS which is a better platform in many ways. If that means some car/track conversions are made without adding AMS specific features then I am okay with that.

Not sure that the straight conversions will attract an audience with PCars or AC to play. The issues with lighting, shaders, lack of track features combined with the generally older generation graphics will not attract many and could dissuade many as well.

I vote for proper conversions that properly showcase all the great updates that AMS has versus the older gen rFactor-based titles, including GSCE.

Not sure that the straight conversions will attract an audience with PCars or AC to play. The issues with lighting, shaders, lack of track features combined with the generally older generation graphics will not attract many and could dissuade many as well.

I vote for proper conversions that properly showcase all the great updates that AMS has versus the older gen rFactor-based titles, including GSCE.
I agree. AMS is a good sim but many of the mods are lacking in quality. If I wanted rFactor content I would boot up rFactor, been there done that, but it's time to move forward (my opinion). Yes, graphics aren't my highest priority, hence why I race AMS from time to time but to me AMS is just a bridge to the next Reiza sim edition. I should be able to have my cake and eat it too in 2017 - great sims with great graphics add up to high immersion levels.

Hi guys, Have a question to see if it's even possible, but I am currently making a track in Race Track Builder, can AC or rF2 tracks be converted over to AMS at all? Would much rather drive my track in AMS than AC you see... ;)

Or should I try and pester the Race Track Builder dev to include an AMS export option? :)

I would be very interested in this either..

Hi not a complete noob as have got some GSE tracks to work changing the 3 lines in the .scn file and some Rfactor tracks using the Rfactor tool, but as i like most Historic mod and old cars and tracks in AMS would love to be able to race on the GSE track Monza 1965 and Patricks Monza Historic, have tried but to no avail to get these to work in AMS, any help to get these to work would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick's Monza Historic will transfer from SCE to AMS similar to most other SCE tracks by simply changing the 2 SCE lines into the 3 AMS lines.

Change this:
MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

To this:
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuro.MAS

However this does leave a black box around the sun though but I can send you the GMT file that fixes that.

I believe Monza 67 was a bit more tricky to get working in AMS so I can send you that track.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years