FM4 Controller VS Steering wheel

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hahahahaha this is funny!! Its all down to preference and practice, i used to get beat on F1 week in week out on the pad, got a wheel, got good with it and still got beat week in week out, now on forza ive only used the pad and have taken some wins, the times are mostly close between me Karl and Dan, Im on pad so is Dan and Karl is on the wheel but looking at times you would be able to tell who used what if i hadnt have already told you!!!

I feel the same Tom, I am fortunate enough to be able to have had a Fanatec Wheel for a couple of years now, with a Gameracer cockpit. Very recently I treated myself to a second hand projector and the immersion factor has gone up ten fold :D

I am not or ever will be the quickest - I simply dont have the time (or inclination!) to spend any length of time testing/tuning cars, but when I do play the enjoyment is worth it. A pad just pales into comparison now..........

At the end of the day, you are playing a game on a console. That is why you are given the option of a wheel or gamepad. You are driving a computerized rendition of car not an actual car.

If and when you play Call of Duty, do you sit there with your Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle on your lap, as you're supposed to be shooting people?

;)

jump to code of dicks if you want to talk bout assault rifles this is a racing game forum

The steering wheel is a 19th Century solution to a 19th Century problem.

When the steering wheel was first used, there were exactly ZERO die-hard traditionalists insisting that in order to have a legitimate driving experience you had to continue using a tiller.

The steering wheel works well of course, that's why it is still in use today even though there are better control options available, but there's no comparison to a gamepad for the level of control available.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years