FM4 Controller VS Steering wheel

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I use the controller and find it easier, but haven't tried a wheel as I have no where to mount it.
But I do have the Mircosoft Xbox 360 wireless wheel, but have no where to mount it, for where I sit to race.

When I got the wheel I was playing it on my PC monitor and mounted it to the desk, but I got a TV now.

I have microsoft wheel on wheelstand pro but can never be bothered to set it up! Found it better when driving F1 2010 but never really given it much of a shot with Forza.

Wouldn't fancy clutch on a button and gears on paddles.

That said it would make for smoother corners and would probably cut time .... hmmmm ... maybe I need to put in some praccy ...

IMO, the wheel is definitely the way to go. It's a more natural way of driving and for me easier to counter slides than moving the anologue thumbstick left and right, lol.

On the XBOX360 and PS3 I use the controller, basically due to the lack of room available to put a wheel/pedal combo, as the consoles sit above the TV at the end of my bed.

On the PC, I run both iRacing and the C.A.R.S. alpha/beta with a wheel/pedal combo.

One thing I tend to struggle with controllers is when you begin driving the top of the range super-cars and the really fast RWD cars, as I find I have all on keeping the damn things pointing in the right direction, lol.

:)

Also on GT5 you can reduce the sensitivity of joystick far better than you can for Forza. There is a special setting for that in GT5. I'm using controller for Forza as well but for the powerful RWD cars, i have to use assists, which really sucks!.

what is better controller or steering wheels (all included forza 4 wheel)

You're just not getting the full Forza experience using a controller. No where near as fun as if you were to use a wheel. There are people that use controllers and are just as fast or faster than one using a wheel but meh!, controller is not my way of playing driving games.

Guys i'm thinking about getting the TM 458 Italia wheel to tie me over until my Fanatec arrives. I'll use it for 30 days then return it for a refund. we'll see how my $$$$ situation goes in the next week.

Definitely wheel over Gamepad!

I used to play racing games with the pad but since playing with the wheel, there is no going back!

It's simply more immersive and you feel like you are actually racing with proper feedback etc.
Also, turns are easier seeing as you can find the proper turn angle and keep it there much easier with a wheel than a thumstick.
Similarily, braking with a progressive foot pedal and accelerating progressively is again so much easier with pedals then analogue triggers.

I gotta say CONTROLLER. I am just so used to it (NOT used to triggers for gas/brake though).

A wheel is nice, but only if you have a good seat setup to put it on. Its also a pain in the ass to set up and put away (if you do that) and to get in/out of (especially if its low to the ground which I absolutely hate). "Oops, I forgot my soda, gotta get up..."

Using the wheel also requires more physical exertion which I don't like. As much as I like wheels, I've concluded that a controller is more practical for someone lazy like me. I just don't feel like I'm getting less of an experience with a controller. My mind is so focused on racing and making the car turn/gas/brake that I'm not even consciously aware of HOW I'm controlling it. That may be why a wheel does nothing for me.

Nothing beats a wheel no matter what, when you first start racing with a wheel you will be crap compared to the controller and you will find it a lot harder but after a while (well only a couple of days really) you will get used to it, start having a lot more fun, get a lot faster and very importantly you will feel more satisfaction in your driving.
If you are lazy and dont like the resistence you can unlplug the forcefeedback and just have light steering.
You can make a desk easily if you really want to, i took apart a flatpack desk (which was falling apart anyway) and put it together my own way and its nearly the perfect sim racing desk (especialy as it cost me nothing more than a few screws, it also helps with putting my wheel away and getting it back because all i need to do is unclamp it move it to the left and clamp it again and i can use the desk for normal pc use :D

Whoever in this world steered a car using their thumb.....disabled maybe?

Don't see many of them on the track.

Of course the wheel and pedals are superior. You're supposed to be driving a car !!!

At the end of the day, you are playing a game on a console. That is why you are given the option of a wheel or gamepad. You are driving a computerized rendition of car not an actual car.

If and when you play Call of Duty, do you sit there with your Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle on your lap, as you're supposed to be shooting people?

;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back