controller setup; or "i think i wasted my money"

So my MadCatz Xbox 360 controller started having some exposed wires, and I replaced it with an MS Xbox 360 wireless controller. Now, the game isn't recognizing the new controller at all. Is there some trick to this? I tried the 2 default 360 settings, and nothing. Right now, this game simply sucked up my $30 and I can't play it. Honestly, I wasn't even completely sold on it being that good before I replaced the controller, now I'm getting really upset at spending money on it.

Yes, i have the wireless sensor, yes, windows recognizes it, yes, the controller works in my other games.

@William - not sure if you were trying to be derogatory to me or Jason, but really? "What does SCE have to with the controller? Apparently nothing, since it's not recognizing it, which is why posted to begin with. :)

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
Right now, this game simply sucked up my $30 and I can't play it. Honestly, I wasn't even completely sold on it being that good before I replaced the controller, now I'm getting really upset at spending money on it.
Yes, i have the wireless sensor, yes, windows recognizes it, yes, the controller works in my other games.

@William - not sure if you were trying to be derogatory to me or Jason, but really? "What does SCE have to with the controller? Apparently nothing, since it's not recognizing it, which is why posted to begin with. :)

I use a wheel but I also have a 360 gamepad and wireless sensor - tested and it works fine with GSCE. Did you assign the steering/throttle/brake... to buttons on the gamepad?
Note, the reason I may have come across as "derogatory" (not my intention) is my slight annoyance with those that always seem to blame the game/developer for their problems. Look at how you worded your post - "...this game simply sucked up my $30 and I can't play it." Reiza and SCE did not cause your problems. Hope you figure it out.

I use a wheel but I also have a 360 gamepad and wireless sensor - tested and it works fine with GSCE. Did you assign the steering/throttle/brake... to buttons on the gamepad?
Note, the reason I may have come across as "derogatory" (not my intention) is my slight annoyance with those that always seem to blame the game/developer for their problems. Look at how you worded your post - "...this game simply sucked up my $30 and I can't play it." Reiza and SCE did not cause your problems. Hope you figure it out.
I almost didn't click on the thread due to the tittle alone... +1 sir
Hope he can solve it. :)

Have you selected the 360 controller profile in controller options ingame than mapped the buttons to your liking?
Works fine for me with a 360 controller and xbox1.....Asides the fact I am driving with a controller ☺

You guys aren't listening. Even when I select either of the 360 controllers, the game is not reading mine. I try to map the buttons but the the game is not recognizing that I am pressing a button.
I think we are listening but you also didn't elaborate on what you tried and what you didn't in your original post, I only heard that the game sucked your money. But, after a few posts back and forth we now understand you have the wireless sensor, you now stated your buttons aren't recognized, and @Will Mazeo suggested deleted the controller.ini.
Do you have any other USB devices that could interfere? For me, Windows has swapped USB ID's on me a few times in the past, SCE had my wheel on USB1 and my shifter on USB2 but then with the ID swap messed up my controller assignments (wheel on USB2 and shifter on USB1). Just a thought.
With that said, I haven't had your issue possibly because I primarily use a wheel, have only tried the gamepad a few times. Have you tried to contact Reiza for suggestions?

^ Which is an issue that will be solved at some point in the future thanks to the crowdfunding.

Someone please dig up the way we can check controller ID numbers for our USB devices. That'll help him determine this directly.

When I first got SCE, I was using a wireless 360 controller and it was pretty finicky in the game. The axes were a little strange and twitchy and the buttons might do weird things.

It turned out that I had a second controller plugged in (a Razer Notromo keypad, which I thought was a keyboard not a controller, but apparently not). Once I unplugged the other thing and the 360 controller was truly the only controller, and everything checked out in the windows joy.cpl thing, it worked great.

It didn't take long with this fantastic game, though, that I switched to a G27 wheel.

you may want to double check what Windows picks up as a controller as just about anything plugged in via USB that has a button on it can be picked by Windows as a controller and form part of the GSCE 3 device limit, thankfully this will not be a problem for much longer as its being upped to 6.

Jason.

Ok then you could try getting Steam to double check the installed files by right clicking on the game in your library and the selecting properties and verify local files, or words very similar to that.

Now I am not 100% sure but I believe Steam finds any missing or edited files and will replace them with the originals which may restore your controller files, it only takes a moment so worth checking just in case.

You will find that this sim will always be far far better with a wheel and pedals as it is a full sim rather than an easy going arcade title more suited for a controller so you may never be truly happy with it with your current hardware I'm afraid.

Jason.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing