Controller settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

because of the endurance mod I am willing to give rF its second chance!

There are a couple of things that drive me nuts on this game all leading to the fact: I do not have the game under controll (and I am not speaking about the cars).

That thing that hits me currently: It seems that the settings for my controller (G25) are care dependent, is that correct?

So far, everytime I started the game (usually I tried everytime a different combo) it took my a while to get my controller work, e.g. shifting! I thought I saved my settings, nevertheless, even when I load them, I am in the same situation that my car starts in the 4th gear and I cant downshift. It is some controller settings (and for some reason I can not overwrite them)... :terminator: [I found it before... but why every time again]

Dietmar do you have any other usb controller device connected aswell?

Has happened to me a few times, I have to remap all the necessary buttons, gears etc etc just because I had connected another usb device.

What you could possibly do is once you configure your G25 in rFactor save it with a name like "AAA" or just "A". By default the next time switch rF that controller profile will load automatically since rF loads alphabetically.

Hope this helps.

Other USB devices, yes, a lot (keyboard, mouse, scanner, webcam etc).

Did a reinstall of everything (related to rF), seems it got better, at least now changing the cars and tracks keeps the settings.

What I find more then irritating is, when I go into the controller settings it says 'A-Z Keyboard' though it is using my Costumized G25 controller. That problem I would overcome, I guess when I name my profile 'A'.

But thanks for the hint Abdul, at least explains it why I see the 'A-Z Keyboard'!

Nope, this is not behaving deterministic!!!!

I copied the controller.ini that posted here from Ramon to a my users Controller directory to a file called RamonG25.ini. I can select 'RamonG25' in game as a controller and load it.

When I enter the game car starts in 3rd gear and I cannot downshift. Remapping of the down and upshift key does not work either.....

Reinstall I would think.....

Reinstall did not solve it, but... just by accident I found a button being locked that screwed up everyhing, so rF not to be blamed :D

Nevertheless I find the controller settings thing not intuitive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%