Controller settings???

Warren Dawes

Premium
I must say that the most frustrating experience I have with RRE is trying to get the steering to feel correct. ie. The steering in-game just doesn't feel linear, and I seem to have a slight lag between steering inputs and it's effect in the game. I can get the FFB to feel reasonable, but the actual steering doesn't feel anything like as responsive as Race 07 or GTL, or even rF1. I spend most of my time fiddling with various settings rather than enjoying the driving experience.
This is made even more frustrating due to the lack of any explanation/information of what some of the various settings are supposed to do, leaving me to try to work it out by trial and error, again a very time consuming exercise. :(

Can someone explain what these settings are and an indication of what effect they have:

Analogue Sector 1
Analogue Sector 2
Analogue Sector 3
Return Multiplier

I'm currently using a G27 Wheel with Fanatec CSP pedals. I'm an experienced SimRacer and have fine tuned my controllers for all my other Sims, but RRE seems to have me beat. :cry: Any help would be appreciated.

These settings are for gamepads and should be left at default (10) for wheels.

The wheel values are the same as Race07 and should not be a problem, maybe yo have the wrong wheel rotation / steering lock.

These settings are for gamepads and should be left at default (10) for wheels.

The wheel values are the same as Race07 and should not be a problem, maybe yo have the wrong wheel rotation / steering lock.

OK thanks. :thumbsup:
I've actually tried the exact same wheel rotation / steering lock as Race 07, but the response is definitely not the same. I've even tried using the same FFB settings as my GTL / Race 07 settings.

Is there any chance that my steering lag could be related to internet speed / pings, since you can only drive on-line with RRE. I live in Australia and therefore I'm a loooong way from the Server. I never get this issue with Race 07 or GTL when driving on-line though.

Having low framerate can cause lags in FFB. When driving you don't really drive online so that can't be the issue. We just upload/download data such as ghost, raceline and laptimes and stats like time spent, kms and laps driven.

Also certain FFB parameters will add latency. FFB steer force average weight = lower value will smooth out the force but will also add latency.

... This is made even more frustrating due to the lack of any explanation/information of what some of the various settings are supposed to do, leaving me to try to work it out by trial and error, again a very time consuming exercise. :(

Can someone explain what these settings are and an indication of what effect they have:

Analogue Sector 1
Analogue Sector 2
Analogue Sector 3
Return Multiplier

Just as a reminder, options briefly explained on r3e support site and on steam:
http://support.raceroomracingexperi...-raceroom-racing-experience-options-explained
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/864969481932803823/

Would be great if "Return Multiplier" was also applicable for wheels, specially for those with a rotation range limited to 200 degree.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%