Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Anyone makes new 2020 seasons skins for this game?
looks similar but difference,expecially for the fiesta?

;)

Attachments

• 002_dg_fordwrc_2020_lores.jpg
    002_dg_fordwrc_2020_lores.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • C3-crossed-rgi2.jpg
    C3-crossed-rgi2.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 181
  • aaadada.jpg
    aaadada.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 165
  • EOJnfaQX0AEFhhE.jpg
    EOJnfaQX0AEFhhE.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 157
  • hyundai-i20-wrc-coupe-2019-2020015.jpg
    hyundai-i20-wrc-coupe-2019-2020015.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
Compared to Dirt Rally 2.0 IMO:

- DR 2.0 has better sound, by a mile. But to be fair, it has probably the best sound of any racing game ever
- DR 2.0 has better FFB, while not greatest FFB in the world, still.. feels more natural, less canned effects
- DR 2.0 co-driver is better immersion wise (not necessarily accuracy? Phil Mills gives some deathwish calls). But WRC8 is ok and improves over WRC7
- DR 2.0 has VR, one of the best VR experiences :) WRC8 no VR support, and not coming :(
- WRC8 has better tarmac handling
- WRC8 has way more stages, way better stages (although mostly fictional) and no DLC scamming
- WRC8 is especially a good deal content wise, if you never played the older ones. Everything will feel new
- WRC8 jump physics feel to me a bit off? Like there was slightly less than Earth gravity
- WRC8 hardcore damage is way better (more punishing, more realistic)
- WRC8 career mode is better and more in-depth
- WRC8 has dynamic weather that works quite well, DR 2.0 has static weather, but dynamic road surface. 1-1

Give me WRC8 with VR, better FFB and sound, and there's your best rally title ever. Not that the FFB was unusable, but I just felt it had some canned stuff going on, weight transfer is felt better and more natural in Dirt Rally 2.0. Because FFB is quite big thing for me, I rate Dirt Rally 2.0 higher as a rally sim
Well Said! I'm not very edumacated but it's beyond me why newer titles can't incorporate lessons learned from say RBR (RSRBR) and combine it all into one seriously awesome title that only gets better. I've been with DR and now 2.0 but picked up 7 recently on sale just to try it, shoulda just waited and got 8 because it has a few things DR (2.0) doesn't and it's not bad. The only thing I dislike from both titles or devs are the co- calls like "into" idk for me I would rather have distance call, so like "right 3 "30" left 2! The Co Drivers for WRC 7 are too monotone and for such brutal driving the voice has no unchanging pitch (or at least not enough). I think it would add to the sense of emmerion a great deal. Hopefully in the future it'll all get sorted into some seriously intense rally titles and with the added tech we'll have maybe the rally fans will be put in game more being as wild as they are lol!! Good day - night!!

I also are controller player, but as i see with wheel it would be possible to get much better times. I'm drive on automatic transmission... would it be better to start use manual to get faster times (of-course later on after use to drive manual).

hello

Got Dirt 2, F1 2010 and 11. Original Isos. DX11 and Games For Windows Live. Pro, i5 9600K

All OK,

Bud WRC 8 work not. Game saves not and my Gamepad work not.

How can i fix this ?

I play this game few months ago. Than i have this Problems.

Downloading now on EGS, will see if this work.

When not than piss on the Official Licenced WRC Game.

This Developers only show how unserious and wrong they are.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years