Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Added Physics Mod v.4 Default-PLUS

Physics Mod v.4: (Default-PLUS) - Recommended if you play with damage on.

⦁ Default Main Gravity
⦁ Adjusts Tyre Friction
⦁ Adjusts Angular Momentum
⦁ Adjusts Angular Damping
⦁ Adjusts Centre of Gravity

Due to feedback, I have added this Mod. It keeps the games default main gravity but enhances the cars handling and adds the better felling of the steering wheel for force feedback wheel users. The mod also has 3 grip levels. Grip level B is the same as the default game. A has more grip than game default, C has less grip than game default, so you can select which grip level feels good to you.

Bug fixes for some of the other mods.

Last edited:
I am currently experiencing a similar problem with logitech g920 running on windows 10. i have seen a setup guide on youtube so i know ffb is supported, however i get a message saying need haptics supprted wheel.
any advice would be appreciated.

Xbox One and PS4 players of WRC 8 rejoice! A new update for the official FIA World Rally Championship game is available now on console.

The new build, released earlier today for PS4 and Xbox One predominantly contains fixes for some of the longer standing bugs within the title - of which the often reported career mode 'extreme conditions' issue appears to have been resolved as part of this new build release.

Other highlights from the latest update include various miscellaneous fixes and improvements, stage balancing (whatever that means) and the rest you can read for yourself in the update notes below. Enjoy!

WRC 8 Updated 2.jpg

WRC Update Notes:

Career Mode

• The Career Mode has been balanced including some fixes.
    • Perks are now used once (consumable).
    • Fixed the $ symbols position.
    • Fixed the issue with the 3rd event when tutorial was ON.
Improvements
  • UI improvements.
  • Some Stages have been balanced.
  • Add Credits information.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the “Reset” function in devices binding.
  • Fixed the “Delete Data” in option menu.
  • Fixed the blackscreen on SSS.
  • Fixed the Spectator Mode (special effects, cameras, user interface).
  • Fixed steering wheels movement on Replays.
  • Fixed the “out of track” in Freeroaming.

WRC 8 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got a question and need an answer? Start a thread on the RaceDepartment WRC 8 sub forum and let out community help you out!

Sim Rally is AWESOME!

WRC 8 Updated.jpg

Last edited:
i have problem game see pedals but if u pressing them its moving mouse up (throttle) and down (stop)
and u cant set them for throttle and stop any way 2 fix it ? wheel gearbox handbrakeno - no problems also no problems with keyboard mouse and gamepad
g25 cheers

Same for me: I tried on my laptops, which have win10 and had no issues there, and then installed win10 on my desktop and now it works. (In fairness not sure what fixed it, since I did a fresh install - but it looks like Win10 users don't have this problem)

Guess this esports competition is going to be pretty damn easy since it looks like only me and hand full of other people can actually play online.:roflmao: Brand new i20 here I come!

Quick question to all you guys having problems connecting. Is it just trying to play online with other people you're having trouble with? Or can you not do the weekly challenges either?
Oh and by the way - I had managed to post a time in the i20 challenge (on Win 8.1) it only stopped working for me after a restart.

im sure they are not too concerned with win7 because MS stop providing updates besides security next month. My mate had 7 and it worked for him one time then s**t itself. Upgraded to 10 and fine since, so another for the tally

Mod seems to be installed since I have the possibility to press F11 for a split second on the loading screen, but then WRC8 closes immediately and I am back at my desktop.
All updates are installed and Windows is on the latest version. I start WRC 8 with the usually icon, not the mod
Hi Stephen,
I’ve exactly the same issue than you and I’ve not find the solution yet.
Could you tell me if you‘ve installed your game by Epics Game or with a DVD ?
For me it’s by Epics Game and if I take a look in log.txt, it’s written that the crash is due to a problem with Epics Game.

I have installed the latest version of the mod now and it is working like a charm. I do not know what happend, but maybe you can check if you have full write permissions on your drives, had some troubles with that on other games
Using the Epic Store version

I have installed the latest version of the mod now and it is working like a charm. I do not know what happend, but maybe you can check if you have full write permissions on your drives, had some troubles with that on other games
Using the Epic Store version

Thx so much Stefan for your quick answer :thumbsup: I have no pbs with others games.
In fact, as AgentHeX has written to take care for no playing online, I was launching it directly in the the folder WRC8.
I've deleted all WRC8 in Epic Games to clean my PC and I'm downloading it again.
I'll install the mod again and will launch the game through Epic Games.
I keep you in touch :)

Good morning,
Since the beginning, I cried about my FFB because I felt no forces, no effects, I read a lot threads, watched a lot of Utube, asked a lot of questions.... without answer which helped me.
And, yesterday, I decided to erase the firmware, took care to switch all with CCleaner, downloaded the last version on thrustmaster’s website (which had the same version than I had !), reinstalled it.
And Oh Miracle..... I have find all my sensations !
Now, I just have to adjust the parameters according to my way of driving :thumbsup:
I hope that my thread should help somebody :)

I play it using a controller, when I don't have an access to my PC, and not just simple one but modded controller with additional functionality in it such as mods and macroses, which you can bind to different buttons. I've even ordered here color panels for my controller which are painted in the racing theme, it looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
Do you play on pc with a controller, thats what we have.
Ive just set a time of 4'50"751 on Ouninpohja, Finland. Pos 51 on the leaderboards so its nice but has limitations as expected.
But I think thats a fairly respectable time vs wheel drivers :)
If you wanna join us we have a discord, just shoot us your epic name to add

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back