Controller players

funXtar

1RPM
Nov 30, 2019
Anyone else playing on controller?
Me and a mate dont have wheels so are degraded to playing as peasants
looking for others that are the same. Being older (40's) is a plus but not a must

juniors55

1RPM
Dec 12, 2019
I play it using a controller, when I don't have an access to my PC, and not just simple one but modded controller with additional functionality in it such as mods and macroses, which you can bind to different buttons. I've even ordered here color panels for my controller which are painted in the racing theme, it looks pretty nice.

Last edited:

funXtar

1RPM
Nov 30, 2019
Do you play on pc with a controller, thats what we have.
Ive just set a time of 4'50"751 on Ouninpohja, Finland. Pos 51 on the leaderboards so its nice but has limitations as expected.
But I think thats a fairly respectable time vs wheel drivers :)
If you wanna join us we have a discord, just shoot us your epic name to add

funXtar

1RPM
Nov 30, 2019
i just made my goal of achieving sub 4'40 on Ouninpohja, Finland with controller
it now puts me at rank 18 (adjusted against fictitious times)
Would you consider this to be good for a controller player?
Watch here:

• Love
Reactions: toweleeie

mull21

1RPM
Jan 21, 2020
I also are controller player, but as i see with wheel it would be possible to get much better times. I'm drive on automatic transmission... would it be better to start use manual to get faster times (of-course later on after use to drive manual).

funXtar

1RPM
Nov 30, 2019
What controller settings you use?
I also drive on automatic transmission but use button to downshift manually when needed.
No controller settings to speak of because I use the D-Pad and triggers + relevant buttons for down shift and car reset.
Only ever used a wheel one time with PS2 and Gran Turismo, so cant vouch for wheel use. This one time I fishtailed the whole track so went back to controller!
Have acheived a better time on the Finnish track and have a controller cam that you can watch. NOw ranked #8 :D

Reactions: toweleeie