Do you play Circuit Superstars with a Controller or Keyboard?

Hello David,

I play with the keyboard exclusively. I did do tests across multiple keyboards and gamepads and found no difference in pure speed - but I did find for me personally, I feel more comfortable with the keyboard. I know other drivers who are more comfortable with the gamepad, but there doesn't seem to be a disadvantage for one or the other, except maybe that keyboard can be a bit tough on the bones in your fingers sometimes during longer sessions ;) I tried different keyboard layouts, but ended up feeling best with the original arrow keys which I also use since GeneRally came out in 2001 (we actually must have met back then!) :)

I've been using the arrows too, since I used that layout from MRO (MiniRacingOnline) in 2019. The difference is that I use S from braking and A as a accelerator if the up arrow doesn't work. Although I'm thinking on changing that if I want to have a better pace (if that's gonna work, I guess).

Hello @Minardi Simsport ;)

@David Garcia - I've mainly be playing with pad. Started with Xbox Controller, but changed to PS4 style controller using d-pad for steering and analogue triggers for brake/accelerate - position of d-pad on Xbox controller wasn't as comfortable. Even though I've been playing a long time and dabbled with keyboard initially, it is only recently that I have started using keyboard more often - haven't decided if I will make a full switch yet though. At least now, you can re-map controls. I wasn't too keen on having to use arrows (although some prefer it like that) and now use layout that I remember from my childhood on the BBC B: z x ' / :)

I finally got xBoxCE working for TT Isle of Man and can use wheel and pedals in that game. So I gave it a shot in Circuit Superstars but it was just too slushy to control. The controls have more mush around center. I might have to give the keyboard a shot, but I will miss the rumble effects.

DS4 Controller (USB connected to laptop).

Likely reason as playing a lot of console games, the natural thing was to use a controller. Plus it allows me to hook laptop up to the TV, and kick back on the sofa and play CS, without having to have the laptop on my lap to use the keys, and for me the keyboard becomes a lot more uncomfortable much quicker than the controller does.

I will also be picking up the game on Playstation when it releases next year.

Last edited:
DS4 Controller (USB connected to laptop).

Likely reason as playing a lot of console games, the natural thing was to use a controller. Plus it allows me to hook laptop up to the TV, and kick back on the sofa and play CS, without having to have the laptop on my lap to use the keys, and for me the keyboard becomes a lot more uncomfortable much quicker than the controller does.

I will also be picking up the game on Playstation when it releases next year.
Amazing! Yup it´s coming to PS4 in a month from now on.

What you say makes sense, in the end it is only about getting used to the control way you choose.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%