Controller Issues

Reinstalled RT with no problems.Adjusting the controllers is proving to be a major pain in the ass.
Using a Logitech 3D Pro since my G25 broke down a few years ago.Before I always adjusted my wheel/joystick in the controller game menu. This time it doesn't work. Downloaded Logitech Gaming Software 5.10 and Microsoft Direct Input Manager.No joy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you applied the controller fix to the game?
I just uploaded it. I uploaded a few other essentials, v1.01 patch, widescreen patch and no intro video patch.
I found the controller fix is already here in a package as is the v1.01 patch. Mods can remove my uploads if needed. Files are so small I don't think it matters and it'll make it easier for people to find these essentials.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/controller-fix-v1-04.26783/

Last edited:
I just tried the same joystick and software and works fine.
If you have any other controllers plugged in or their USB receivers I would try removing them and see if that changes anything. Hope you get it going. I've been flat out on this game last few days. The older it is, the more I play it, it just keeps growing on you.

Game loads and runs, but the settings in the "Configure Devices" popup box (after selecting "Configure Controllers" from the menu) won't save. Therefore the game won't respond to my TSW controller (very basic, non FFB wheel). Windows 10. All patches applied including the "Controller Fix v1.4".
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Game loads and runs, but the settings in the "Configure Devices" popup box (after selecting "Configure Controllers" from the menu) won't save. Therefore the game won't respond to my TSW controller (very basic, non FFB wheel). Windows 10. All patches applied including the "Controller Fix v1.4".
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Try running the game as admin by lauching directly from the game's executable., Set any exe's to run as admin and you can try setting compatibility to Win XP SP2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%