Controller Issues

Reinstalled RT with no problems.Adjusting the controllers is proving to be a major pain in the ass.
Using a Logitech 3D Pro since my G25 broke down a few years ago.Before I always adjusted my wheel/joystick in the controller game menu. This time it doesn't work. Downloaded Logitech Gaming Software 5.10 and Microsoft Direct Input Manager.No joy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you applied the controller fix to the game?
I just uploaded it. I uploaded a few other essentials, v1.01 patch, widescreen patch and no intro video patch.
I found the controller fix is already here in a package as is the v1.01 patch. Mods can remove my uploads if needed. Files are so small I don't think it matters and it'll make it easier for people to find these essentials.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/controller-fix-v1-04.26783/

Last edited:
I just tried the same joystick and software and works fine.
If you have any other controllers plugged in or their USB receivers I would try removing them and see if that changes anything. Hope you get it going. I've been flat out on this game last few days. The older it is, the more I play it, it just keeps growing on you.

Game loads and runs, but the settings in the "Configure Devices" popup box (after selecting "Configure Controllers" from the menu) won't save. Therefore the game won't respond to my TSW controller (very basic, non FFB wheel). Windows 10. All patches applied including the "Controller Fix v1.4".
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Game loads and runs, but the settings in the "Configure Devices" popup box (after selecting "Configure Controllers" from the menu) won't save. Therefore the game won't respond to my TSW controller (very basic, non FFB wheel). Windows 10. All patches applied including the "Controller Fix v1.4".
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Try running the game as admin by lauching directly from the game's executable., Set any exe's to run as admin and you can try setting compatibility to Win XP SP2.

RaceDepartment Store

Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited, this is a full-size, detailed reproduction of the steering wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars. The overall shape, as well as the size of the switches, paddles, and dials is based on original McLaren CAD data. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR...
The TR160, the King of the Rigs, has been designed with experience gained since Trak Racer started in 2008. The base structure is 160 × 40mm high-end aluminium T-Slot extruded profile, anodized in black. Your choice of wheel mount will be supported by 160 × 40mm high-end aluminium T-Slot...
GT Sport Wireless steering wheel. Built to enhance your Grand Tourer sim racing passion. Ensuring better ergonomics and feel the GT Sport is designed for serious entry-level racers on high-end hardware. Featuring Integrated Simucube Wireless module. Buy now from simucube.com for € 810,70...
Integrated Triple Monitor Stand for Trak Racer TR8 - NOT TR8 PRO Not suitable for TR8 Pro Suitable for three monitors or TVs (27 - 45") for both curved and flat monitors. Suits most monitors on the market with VESA mounting points 100x100 and 200x200 with options for 300x300 and 400x400 (see...
TR8020 black aluminium quad monitor stand add-on with VESA mount for flat and curved monitors. The TR8020 aluminium quad monitor allows you to add a 4th display to any 1-slot aluminium profile including the Trak Racer Floor Monitor Stand and TR160 Integrated Monitor Stand. This kit includes...
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Set of 15 mm Aluminium black coated brackets to uphold a single or triple screen assembly above your rig. Advised screen size up to 27" for integrated triple monitor mount. 32 or 31.5-inch screens we recommend the floor-standing model 100/200 type! Although, it does support 32-inch screen...