TT Isle of Man - The Game

Sadly non bikers won't understand and I'm not blaming them it's just a game after all, best thing is just enjoy it and it's clear you are. For the record what is your best lap time supersport? I've still to break the 20 min barrier onboard, but I'm having a crack at the career mode at the mo. Bought a ZX6R as I had 3 of them in the 90's and early 00's...that was before I knew the Kwaka's in the game are piles of dung!! What do devs have against Kawasaki?!! Even Milestone mucked up the '08 ZX6R.

Well that’s pretty condescending. If you boys are so focused on realism why not get yourselves on the next ferry to Douglas and have a crack at the course in real life? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about gamers ruining your enjoyment of the course.

FWIW I am a biker (albeit a pretty careful one after an unfortunate incident with a sheep last summer) and I’m actually a former British champion in the junior categories of trials riding. But none of that matters. Because this is a GAME. I’m riding with very little in the way of aids and helmet view and feeling pretty happy about my laptimes. But I’m not going to look down on others for how they choose to play this game and derive enjoyment.

I'm opposite, onboard cam so much harder. Also 3rd person allows you to see the bike and how it's reacting to road surface etc. But onboard is so much more immersive (obvioulsy!) Now I want to see a proper helmet cam like MS games do. Skimming the walls like at Macau will be awesome!
When I see the bike reacting in third person I seem to overcorrect and lose more speed as a result. Whereas in helmet I just power through.

weird, I find MS games have far more forgiving corner grip and it's mid corner where I struggle in TTIOM!! What the game needs to do is punish crashes more with a time penalty, forcing people to ride within themselves. I'm certain the real riders could go even faster than they do now, it's just that they risk horrific injury and death if they make a mistake. No fear factor for the repercussions of a mistake is spot on.

I think the game responds too fast to inputs too, in MS games I have to think ahead especially in chicanes and start moving the bike the other way before I've cleared the first part of the chicane, in TTIOM the bikes changed direction seemingly instantly.

Yeah I agree that would be awesome if there was a setting to harshly punish crashes. Like you say, even the top boys in real life only ride up to about 95% because of the risk factor. You can’t treat the course like a short circuit in real life so it would be good if the game reflected that too.

But it would need to be a setting IMO as the learning curve is already pretty vicious and it would probably heighten the barrier to entry too much to newbies.

Take it it out of context will ya?:rolleyes: Typical gamers.
I hope the sheep had some kind of support after your interaction with it. :whistling:

Last edited:
Being different to any other racing game out there, it really depends on personal preferences, on what you're looking for...
  • ....if you like motorcycles (modern sportbikes/racebikes).
  • ....if you feel interested by real life racing events on (closed) public roads, such as the IOM TT.
  • ....if you're considering a game controller with analog support for steering, throtle and brake.
  • ....if your computer meets the recommended specs of the developer.
  • ....if you can excuse some limitations and small technical faults (hopefully patched/updated later).
  • ....if you like difficult "simulation" games which require interest and patience, but are rewarding and immersive along the learning process.

My current opinion is that, at 40.00 Euros, the game has a somewhat inflated price.
But some places are selling its Steam key on discount, such as cdkeys.com like Andy_J mentioned above. (for other places, also see HERE)

Yes, there are some bike physics issues, some small stuttering may occur here and there, and the career mode is a bit barren. But I still feel the game is totally worth it.

Regarding the tracks, and at the end of it all, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (mountain course) is legendary, possibly the oldest racing event and course on the planet. Think of it like this - if the Nordschleife is "The Mother" then the IOM TT course is "The Father" - it easily takes the cake on tradition and difficulty. And the real track rendition in this game is absolutely spot on (trully phenomenal), a masterpiece that is worth the price of admission - you won't find anything close to this anywhere else.
Also, while the other tracks present in the game are much, much shorter, they're also excelent as well, a lot of fun and just as worthy of the time around them. (I'd recommend a CBR600RR on the Tyrone and Hertfordshire tracks for a begginer, to get a feel of it all before going all over the Isle of Man course)

Regarding the simulated vehicles in game... on one hand, the Superbike class motorcycles (1000cc engine) are absurdly overpowered and overdone in the game (IMHO, and I avoid them like the plague) but, on the other hand, the Supersport class motorcycles (~600cc engine) are among the most immersive simulation experiences of modern motorcycles that I've ever experimented on a PC game. I can't say enough good things about them. (I just wish the Lightweight and Classic-TT classes were in this game as well)

PS: regarding the stuttering in game... for me, adjusting some in-game graphics options helped a lot, such as changing particles to 'OFF', the shadows to 'Average', and V-Sync to 'ON' (in game options), combined with "force adaptive v-sync" in the drivers settings (I use Nvidia Inspector for that), it now makes for a very smooth and trouble free experience.

Thanks

Well that’s pretty condescending. If you boys are so focused on realism why not get yourselves on the next ferry to Douglas and have a crack at the course in real life? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about gamers ruining your enjoyment of the course.

FWIW I am a biker (albeit a pretty careful one after an unfortunate incident with a sheep last summer) and I’m actually a former British champion in the junior categories of trials riding. But none of that matters. Because this is a GAME. I’m riding with very little in the way of aids and helmet view and feeling pretty happy about my laptimes. But I’m not going to look down on others for how they choose to play this game and derive enjoyment.

Fair point, it does sound a bit condescending reading it but not how I meant it, "most" non bikers will just want to do the fastest time regardless, that is the raison d'etre for them. For "some" bikers it's all about replicating what the real TT is, within reason. Andy's gone full tilt into that mode from the get go, it's my aim via slowly building up to get to that point, not sure if I can handle manual gears though, still just a bit too much for me brain to handle and I can't stop my left hand and foot wanting to twitch when I change gears!

Of course there are some in either camp to try and disprove the rule, but as we all know exceptions don't prove a rule. And ultimately this all just my opinion and I think it smells better than others! ;)

your post in another thread is what I mean:
Yeah I agree that would be awesome if there was a setting to harshly punish crashes. Like you say, even the top boys in real life only ride up to about 95% because of the risk factor. You can’t treat the course like a short circuit in real life so it would be good if the game reflected that too.

Andy and I (and others) are trying to self create that 95% limit, others will just go 110% for a fast time and I'd guess many will be non bikers and unable to generate the fear associated with bikeing when things go even a little bit wrong.

Sorry to hear about the Sheep, I've had close shaves, a few my own fault some not. Had a 60 mph highside joining a sliproad on to a motorway in freezing December rain, I'm certain diesel was involved.....I can still feel the wtf moment of seeing the Rev counter rip up the range far too fast and the instinctual shutting of the throttle, then I can remember looking down on to the roof of a car that was travelling down the motorway and the palpable fear of "oh **** this isn't right". So many close shaves with idiots on junctions which left me contemplating a lifetimes supply of underwear. Hitting an object (god knows what it was) on an unlit A road at 90 mph (ok so speed was my fault) and having the largest tank slapper moment that went on for infiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinity, once again new underwear was needed. Hitting a manhole cover and the front sliding along it, only saved by the rear then following suit so I carried on round the corner a metre further inside (because as well all know TWAT councils and utilities knobwits so enjoy putting manhole covers MID FECKING CORNER where a biker will be positioned)......sorry for the rant not aimed at you chickenboy!!!

TLDR, bikers are VERY AWARE a mistake and a small dose of bad luck can maim and injury or worse. Equally a dose of good luck is the only difference between the those who live and those who pay the price.

Last edited:
When I see the bike reacting in third person I seem to overcorrect and lose more speed as a result. Whereas in helmet I just power through.

Once again weird I tend to overcorrect onboard, horses for courses isn't it?!! On a typical Ride 2 track I'm anywhere from 3-5 seconds a lap slower. So far 1 minute or so slower in TTIOM. But it's the best view no doubt.

But it would need to be a setting IMO as the learning curve is already pretty vicious and it would probably heighten the barrier to entry too much to newbies.

totally agree it needs to be a setting, In game I'm always an advocate for as many settings as possible to fine tune a game to ones liking. If I was forced into onboard manual gears etc etc I would have had a really hard time.

That's what I would like too. That's why if I crash I start all over again. It would be good if there was a bigger punishment, like 30 seconds at a minimum.

Good points above, about real life fast-riding depending more or less on the fear of crashing due to (very real) injuries and damage.
And that, more than the current physics issues, is the main issue I have with this game title.
TT-IOM nails many aspects of immersion (and why I'm sticking with it ATM), but fails just as much on realism.

Consider the crashes in this game..... you can colide straight onto a wall at over 260 kph (160 mph), the bike resets itself after that, and off you go... :confused: LOL
Notice how you can, at times unrealistically and absurdly, over-ride with no real punishment to the bike itself. :rolleyes:
I utterly, utterly miss damage and mechanical wear - such important features that, actually, if we realize, most other bike sim/games have been also ignoring. :thumbsdown: A missed opportunity (IMHO).
Most car simulators have good aproaches to incorporate this (for example, GTR2 springs to my mind), it's mind boggling how a bike simulator like TT-IOM avoids this.

Looking at some "hot-lappers" on youtube for this game, I get the very same absurd vibe we used to get on GP500 online... people doing insane downshifts while braking on the limit, like it's a future MotoGP-TRON bike from year 2550... :O_o: :roflmao:
It's one big reason why I completely ignore any and all online/offline competitions for these games.

I got nothing against people trying to have fun with the game. In fact, I think the different options to adjust difficulty and punishments (from, say, "arcade" to "hardcore") should exhist in a bike game of this kind, always. It is supposed to accomodate the widest range possible of gamers, and be fun in those different interpretations of gaming, for all. But that goes both ways, and the "harsher" ("hardcore"?) realistic aspects are being missed, I think. :unsure:

I guess the TLDR here is that, TT-IOM is, indeed, missing two major aspects/points which are aspects involved in the real competition - damage and endurance.
Bikes can overheat, can break gears, blow an engine, certainly have tyre wear, and can have brakes fading, etc, etc, etc. You crash and, 99% of the time, it's game over.
All that is dismissed in this game, and it suffers for it (IMHO).

Last edited:
Decided to go to the TT on my 17 yr old CBR this year. Not long to go. And I'll be riding the track myself.
Love it.

JwofIXU.jpg

XgT213c.jpg

jEcFr4B.jpg

Or shall I go on My Gixxer GSXR1000 K8 ? Nope too uncomfortable and too damn fast.
NmysjQH.jpg

I went on my Fazer 800 last year. Here is a pic at Port St Mary on the Isle of Man. We had glorious weather last year.
7EnDV4Y.jpg

And this is one of the best spots on the Island. The Calf Of Man. Beautiful. I did this in panorama from the Cafe.
MpGrFlz.jpg

Last edited:
NICE! What that exhaust on the Gixxer? I glad I never progressed beyond 600s tho, anything over that and I don't think I'd still be here!
They are Yoshimura Evo 2 titanium twin pipes and came with the special Rizla Moto Gp edition. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice one wish I was going this year. Was hoping I could go and give my Sprint ST 1050 some beans on mad Sunday but I’ve used up all my leave from work already!
You do realize Mad Sunday is everyday for the two weeks Chicken? I remember the days where everyone would be waiting for Mad Sunday to give the Mountain section a blast and how crowded it was. But these days every day is Mad Sunday at the TT.:):thumbsup: And if you did wan't to go to the TT you have to book a year in advance for the Ferry too.

Last edited:
  • ABS ---------------------- Off
  • Traction-Control ---- Off'
  • Anti-wheelie ---------- Off
  • Anti-stoppie ---------- Off
  • Race line --------------- Off'
  • Brake method ------- Combined
  • Transmission -------- Manual
  • View ----------------- onboard cam best way to drive the bike .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%