TT Isle of Man - The Game

Finally broke below the 17 minute barrier tonight on the 600s, with a 16’57. Clean lap, but I definitely cost myself some time at Sulby getting very squiffy through the Quarry Bends, but I didn’t leave much more on the table.

After nailing what I consider a damn near perfect lap (for me) I was even more perplexed as to how some guys are doing sub 16 minute laps. I download the replay of the number 2 guy and honestly he was riding pretty much exactly the same as me 90% of the lap. He was carrying a bit more speed through some areas, particularly Ballacrye and the turns immediately after it, but honestly I think I ride three or four sections better than him. The place he’s gaining time is the slow corners: he’s carrying way more speed than me at places like the Creg, Gooseneck, Guthries, Parliament Square etc etc and that seems to make all the difference on the 600s. Got some practicing to do now!

What view are you guys using?

Have previously been using close chase (as I mentioned elsewhere on the forum) but have switched to helmet in the last week or so.

Now, I’m sure plenty of people will disagree, but I honestly think helmet is easier than chase view. I feel a lot more confident on the throttle as I don’t see the rear getting loose, and I run a lot closer to the apexes of corners as it’s easier to judge the distances to objects and spot your peel in point. Am I on my own on this, or does anybody else agree?

Perhaps chase is easier to learn the course, but once you know whether you’re going left or right and roughly what gear you need to be in for each corner, I’d say helmet makes things easier to hone your speed, particularly through sections like Glen Helen and the Mountain.

Have previously been using close chase (as I mentioned elsewhere on the forum) but have switched to helmet in the last week or so.
Nice one. Helmet view is so much better. I have tried going to 3rd person but it feels so wrong and so slow and too easy. :thumbsup:

I really wish they would make this game less forgiving. It's too easy for gamers to just play it like an arcade game. In real life bikes are much harder to control in the corners with much less grip. The bikes go around corners like they are on rails with no motorcycle physics at all. I am beginning to wish Milestone made this game. There is no fear factor.

I suppose it would work to record helmet cam during a race and upload a full lap. But how do we know that is you riding? :whistling: Your best mate could have done it for you who is better.;)

Any how I am still not interested in competition in this game any more, I just do the TT for my own enjoyment and I tend to have a bit more self preservation when riding due to me being a real life biker I suppose. I ride the bikes in game like I would in real life, with a sense that a crash might hurt me. I can't help it.:(

You speak for yourself, I still find it scary even at my pace:rolleyes:
Here's a thought, get the missus to stand beside you with a cricket bat and if you crash she can beat you around the body with it.
That should up the fear factor quotient:p
No good mate, I'm wearing a helmet.;):D
edit: now a 220 volt cable attached to my knackers might be a different story.:confused:

I think this genuinely a sp game at heart, of course every game nowadays feels the need to include a MP element. I imagine that real bikers like you @Andy_J will only want to test themselves against the real life times and that is where the challenge lies.
Fortunately the games provides fun for us fearties.

I suppose it would work to record helmet cam during a race and upload a full lap. But how do we know that is you riding? :whistling: Your best mate could have done it for you who is better.;)

Any how I am still not interested in competition in this game any more, I just do the TT for my own enjoyment and I tend to have a bit more self preservation when riding due to me being a real life biker I suppose. I ride the bikes in game like I would in real life, with a sense that a crash might hurt me. I can't help it.:(

You could rig up a camera to record you recording your lap and put them side-by-side in the YouTube video. But then what happens if it’s your fast mate wearing a mask of your face, pretending to ride as you?! We’ll need DNA testing.

I joke, but I can’t help but feel you’re taking this a little too seriously. A streamed video to show the aids and the use of helmet cam would surely be enough, and mean us console plebeians can participate too.

I remember this was done on the GTPlanet forums every time a new version of Gran Turismo came out. Just a leaderboard with people's times on for a specific track (I think it changed weekly), and we just took each other's word for it because it was a community and a bit of fun.

Although with GT, it was smaller tracks so it was easier to tell when someone had unnatural gains on their time, but we were able to upload our replays as proof. We can do that with screen capture tools, as mentioned above.

Personally, I wish it was possible for us to arrange a time where we could all join in a multiplayer session. I went into a random 1 lap around Snaefell the other night against some random guy from Italy. It was enjoyable and I didn't suffer from any lag or other issues.

Although I'm forgetting we're all on different platforms aren't we? I'm on PC. My idea was to stick all our IDs in a thread, we all add each other on Steam, and then arrange a specific weekly time for us to take part in a full blown 4 or 6 lap TT. But apparently it's an 8 player limit? Hmm.

I really wish they would make this game less forgiving. It's too easy for gamers to just play it like an arcade game. In real life bikes are much harder to control in the corners with much less grip. The bikes go around corners like they are on rails with no motorcycle physics at all. I am beginning to wish Milestone made this game. There is no fear factor.

weird, I find MS games have far more forgiving corner grip and it's mid corner where I struggle in TTIOM!! What the game needs to do is punish crashes more with a time penalty, forcing people to ride within themselves. I'm certain the real riders could go even faster than they do now, it's just that they risk horrific injury and death if they make a mistake. No fear factor for the repercussions of a mistake is spot on.

I think the game responds too fast to inputs too, in MS games I have to think ahead especially in chicanes and start moving the bike the other way before I've cleared the first part of the chicane, in TTIOM the bikes changed direction seemingly instantly.

Now, I’m sure plenty of people will disagree, but I honestly think helmet is easier than chase view. I feel a lot more confident on the throttle as I don’t see the rear getting loose, and I run a lot closer to the apexes of corners as it’s easier to judge the distances to objects and spot your peel in point. Am I on my own on this, or does anybody else agree?

Perhaps chase is easier to learn the course, but once you know whether you’re going left or right and roughly what gear you need to be in for each corner, I’d say helmet makes things easier to hone your speed, particularly through sections like Glen Helen and the Mountain.

I'm opposite, onboard cam so much harder. Also 3rd person allows you to see the bike and how it's reacting to road surface etc. But onboard is so much more immersive (obvioulsy!) Now I want to see a proper helmet cam like MS games do. Skimming the walls like at Macau will be awesome!

Yeah the multiplayer scene on Xbox is very good. I get a game or two in most evenings, usually 6-8 riders in a session. If you want to ride in off peak hours though it’s a nightmare. But 8pm-10.30pm you have no issue finding a game.

Not worth the hassle.

Sadly non bikers won't understand and I'm not blaming them it's just a game after all, best thing is just enjoy it and it's clear you are. For the record what is your best lap time supersport? I've still to break the 20 min barrier onboard, but I'm having a crack at the career mode at the mo. Bought a ZX6R as I had 3 of them in the 90's and early 00's...that was before I knew the Kwaka's in the game are piles of dung!! What do devs have against Kawasaki?!! Even Milestone mucked up the '08 ZX6R.

Hi Damage.
My best time is a 18.47 using no assists, helmet view and clean lapping with no crashes. But like I said previously, I am riding like I would in real life, with some self preservation. I can't help it. And yes I am just playing the game for myself doing the TT against the AI. I haven't even had one go at the other tracks. Loving it for what it is. Not interested in childish gamers lap times.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Many gamers have turned pro racers, even pro racers spend countless hours on a sim. Just because in a game you can get it wrong without consequences don't mean to say you're a better racer.

Many gamers have turned pro racers, even pro racers spend countless hours on a sim. Just because in a game you can get it wrong without consequences don't mean to say you're a better racer.
That is the most silly and stupid thing I have ever heard. Can you just imagine a gamer, 3rd person warrior or brave gamer, blasting around the virtual TT course and then someone tells him he can be just as good in real life. RIP. He wouldn't last the run down Bray Hill. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back