TT Isle of Man - The Game

Well smack me with a kipper, I turned off TC completely and wouldn't you know it....MUCH better regarding the weird rear end slides. Ok so I crashed 3 times on the course but that was 100% me doing something wrong (pushing too hard at the wrong time) and I can learn from that whereas I had no idea what was going on with a LOT of crashes before (most of which happened at times I was trying to be carefull!) . I think I'm ready for a race v Medium Ai. Just gotta find a spare hour or so.

@ D.I.: I guess it also depends on gamepad, and perhaps not just personal preference...

.......are you using an Xbox360 gamepad for Windows PC?

This MSI Force GC30 I got recently has analog thumb-sticks that feel like those on the XboxOne gamepad, meaning, they have less resistance feel compared to the Xbox360 (wired) gamepad I was using before (no longer functioning), and why I'm using this low(er) sensitivity for steering. :)
I clearly remember the Xbox360 gamepad having stiffer analog thumb-sticks, with a wee more resistance (that allows more precision, IMHO) and for that one I feel that, yeah, maybe using something like 25% or even 40% would be better for the steering sensitivity.

This MSI Force GC30 has analog triggers that are very similar to those on the Xbox360 gamepad, and it'd be right to say that it still feels very good up to to 20% sensitivity for throttle, though I definitely prefer less than 15% for (front) brake - maybe because I'm ham-fisted! :D

Last edited:
Master Chicken I have to wholeheartedly agree with Cruickshanks and Union Mills I LOATH those corners!! I also am not fond of the left hander after Cruickshanks and there's a couple of right handers in the section after that hairpin a bit after Cruickshanks that I hate. I have a love/hate relationship with sulby bridge too, every 10 laps or so I just miss my braking point and it's game over man.

as for corners I love....well as mentioned Bray Hill (the start in general) is a standout, but in reality I just love the entire course for being a bad*** mo**erfu**er that takes no prisoners and spits me out like a chew toy. Oh that corner where you skim the wall, seen that on tv so many times and to finally see it from the riders perspective is awesome.

edit..oh yeah (looking at the map!) signpost corner is a beeeeeyatch and those fiddly corners right at the end.
Those corners you mention after the hairpin are the waterworks - I hate them too. I quite like Signpost, but the hairpins at the end are so ****. You can’t really ride them well but you can sure as hell ruin a lap on them.

I quite like Sulby Bridge, though I did miss my braking point yesterday for the first time in weeks lol.

These are the assists I’m currently using:
  • ABS ---------------------- 'Off'
  • Traction-Control ---- 'Off'.
  • Anti-wheelie ---------- 'Low'
  • Anti-stoppie ---------- 'Low'
  • Race line --------------- 'Off'
  • Brake method ------- 'Combined'
  • Transmission -------- 'Manual'

Shaved another few seconds off my PB on the Supersports last night. 17’17 with two crashes (one of which was some rear end physics bullshit while I was riding in a straight line just after McGuinness’, the other which was me crashing into a fallen rider who crashed right in front of me on the mountain). I was pushing hard but not completely ragged. I reckon sub-17 is within my gift if I ride like that and don’t run into trouble.

Starting to wonder where the additional speed some boys get is going to come from though. As far as I know, I know where the limits are for every corner and ride just within these. I seriously cannot understand how some guys are riding sub 16’10 laps on super sport. But then again, sub-17’30 looked unattainable to me this time last week, so who knows?

I do agree with what others have said about how it would be nice to filter on the rider aids in the leaderboards. It’d be interesting to see what aids the really, really fast boys are using.

Need to spend some time on the big bikes as well, now the patch has come out on Xbox. Hopefully there’s less weird physics stuff to deal with now and you can actually attack the course a bit.

Great news that the Xbox patch is finally with us. I spotted it last night just as I was closing down the console so its all ready for me when I get home tonight... Its going to be a long day lol.

It seemed quite small though as it downloaded in a flash....

The game desperately needs a photomode :(
touristtrophy2018-04-axot3.jpg

touristtrophy2018-04-vbpnd.jpg

I wonder if the showroom camera can be swapped with one of the replay cameras with a bit of modding? :geek:

@ D.I.: I guess it also depends on gamepad, and perhaps not just personal preference...

.......are you using an Xbox360 gamepad for Windows PC?

This MSI Force GC30 I got recently has analog thumb-sticks that feel like those on the XboxOne gamepad, meaning, they have less resistance feel compared to the Xbox360 (wired) gamepad I was using before (no longer functioning), and why I'm using this low(er) sensitivity for steering. :)
I clearly remember the Xbox360 gamepad having stiffer analog thumb-sticks, with a wee more resistance (that allows more precision, IMHO) and for that one I feel that, yeah, maybe using something like 25% or even 40% would be better for the steering sensitivity.

This MSI Force GC30 has analog triggers that are very similar to those on the Xbox360 gamepad, and it'd be right to say that it still feels very good up to to 20% sensitivity for throttle, though I definitely prefer less than 15% for (front) brake - maybe because I'm ham-fisted! :D

yup 360 pad here, good points, didn't think of that, but I've gone with your throttle and brake settings. I'm a bit ham fisted too, never really got on that much with gamepads. Although much better now than I used to be.

Those corners you mention after the hairpin are the waterworks - I hate them too. I quite like Signpost, but the hairpins at the end are so ****. You can’t really ride them well but you can sure as hell ruin a lap on them.

I quite like Sulby Bridge, though I did miss my braking point yesterday for the first time in weeks lol.

Yeah I don't dislike Sulby Bridge, as long as I brake in time! ;) I noticed that at the final right hand hairpin the ai took a realy wide line in and I'm trying that a bit myself now.

signpost should be ok but it's a corner where I've had a load of weird rear issues so I just hate it!

I really wish more corners were named in the game, makes it so much easier to learn!

Great news that the Xbox patch is finally with us. I spotted it last night just as I was closing down the console so its all ready for me when I get home tonight... Its going to be a long day lol.

hopefully the sensitivity options will help you a bit, although I've spent a LOT of time fiddling with the settings!

This vid of me (from phone so sorry for poor quality) losing the rear, backing off a bit (but not enough), rear goes, I back off more and the bike get's out of shape. I'd love to see this in TTIOM instead of the weird "spear into hedge/wall" crashes! Basically I made a little mistake corrected it, but not enough and it almost let go. I lost a bucket load of time on corner exit so no real advantage other than not crashing.

I agree the rear should behave more like you say, but please, for God's sake, don't use ride 2 as the way it should be.

Agree. Does anyone remember the first two MotoGP games for the original Xbox, by Climax Studios?

The rear traction model was BRILLIANT. You could get the rear out of shape under acceleration, breathe the throttle and maybe tap the brake and catch a bunch of slides.

I would LOVE for a member of the Kylotonn team to roll out an OG Xbox, find a copy of either of those games and learn what the rear wheel grip model of this game should feel like.

IOM TT is a wonderful game, but there is room for improvement.

The only component of the patch that may help you is the adjustable controller sensitivity settings. There are no changes to the physics or grip models.

No mention of physics or grip model changes in the update notes, either. So anyone who insists otherwise is enjoying that sugary placebo pill. :)

I agree the rear should behave more like you say, but please, for God's sake, don't use ride 2 as the way it should be.

:D yeah I'm only on about what happens!! Although I do think the only real issue is the level of grip in Ride 2. the way the bike ultimately responds to control inputs is pretty much spot on for me.

I mean I was on 100% throttle and only feathered it slightly then a little bit more to not crash so I'd say 90% throttle, I have a feeling the Ducati Monster S4RS would do a lot more than that on 100% throttle!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back