Controller Assignments all messed up

well i bought the game off steam and enjoyed playing it for 2 hours.
had a brake for an hour and went back to the game and BANG

started game from where i left and car stuck in 4th gear.............went into Controller Assignments
to reset it, and all are set to use Joy1 B12 am unable to reset anything at all,wont even let me overwrite anything in there

Set the game up originally to use G27 Profile and worked straight away....
have not changed anything and game now unplayable

Button 12 of the G27 means you have your shifter in 4th gear.

Make sure it is in neutral, restart game and try loading or creating your controller profile again. It might have somehow corrupted the profile, so if that doesn't work, you may have to delete the G27 profile and verify integrity of files through steam, to load a new one.

When I set the stick shift gears on GSC I had to put it in gear before clicking to reassign it. i.e. put it in 1st, then click to assign a button. Then go to 2nd, then click to assign 2nd gear. See if that helps.

UPDATE

Thanks for the input guys

Seems my 4 year old grandaughter has decided to use my H-Shifter as a toy ...It had become stuck in 4th gear so i took it apart and resolved the issue

Last edited:
That does not look like a game problem, it looks to me like the G27 shifter is stuck in 4th gear position.

As a test, try to assign the button to a key that doesn't matter, hmm, how about pit request just for now. Then assign your up down shift to the paddles. Then try and drive. I bet it will work.

Do you have another sim or game you can try the wheel and shifter with?

If it works when you assign to another key as above, I think you will need to unplug your shifter and test again, or carefully take it apart and see if something is sticking.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 200 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%