Control settings will not save (v 1.02)

My control settings will not save. Every time i relaunch the game the settings i reset to default again.
Game progress saves fine.
Anybody know of a solution to this?

I'm guessing you've accessed the settings by hitting ESC when on stage and that's no good. Always change settings from the menu options.

That what I did. When I boot up the game I change the settings in the menu right away. No difference though. Tried multiple times.
Do you know if there is some other way to add the correct settings in?
I did a few corrections to the RichardBurnsRally.ini file when I installed the game. Don't know if that changes anything.

Appreciate the help.

I was afraid that this might happen but I can't think of anything else right now, I'm officially stumped.

But no, RBR doesn't have config files for these things and editing RichardBurnsRally.ini surely doesn't matter in the slightest. The files that SHOULD get modified whenever you save changes in-game (and the game always asks you if you'd like to save changes) are in SavedGames folder (e.g. pfMULLIGATAWNY.acm and .rbr).

I was afraid that this might happen but I can't think of anything else right now, I'm officially stumped.

But no, RBR doesn't have config files for these things and editing RichardBurnsRally.ini surely doesn't matter in the slightest. The files that SHOULD get modified whenever you save changes in-game (and the game always asks you if you'd like to save changes) are in SavedGames folder (e.g. pfMULLIGATAWNY.acm and .rbr).

Thanks anyway. I will do some more investigation tomorrow.

Could be Windows-related too, of course, although there's not a lot I can say except that hopefully you haven't installed the game to Program Files or Users. Not that it necessarily matters if you have, but it's just something we tend to say to anyone in trouble.

Another commonly uttered advice involves running RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe as an administrator and adding it as an exception in DEP settings but while they are known to have fixed all kinds of RBR symptoms, somehow I can't see them fixing yours. However, the very fact that I can't see it suggests that you should always try it first.

Could be Windows-related too, of course, although there's not a lot I can say except that hopefully you haven't installed the game to Program Files or Users. Not that it necessarily matters if you have, but it's just something we tend to say to anyone in trouble.

Another commonly uttered advice involves running RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe as an administrator and adding it as an exception in DEP settings but while they are known to have fixed all kinds of RBR symptoms, somehow I can't see them fixing yours. However, the very fact that I can't see it suggests that you should always try it first.

Don't know why exactly but I think the problem is fixed now. I might think that the shortcut was pointing to the wrong .exe. I tried opening RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe as admin and then I could not see my profile so I created a new one and now my settings saves just fine.

I had just completed the Rally School so no loss really. But thank you for your suggestions.
Btw it really amazes me that a game that is almost 14 years old can have so good physics. Graphics not bad either considering the age.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%